Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Hi, I would like to report a problem: since version 6.2.16 installer does not finish installation process correctly if(an only if) the option "support kexts" is selected(see attached screenshot). Version 6.2.15.7 works as expected.

Please find troubleshooting files in the attachment.

Edit: Oh, I see after 20 minutes or more installation finishes correctly. Wo would expected that? :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-05-09 00.18.28.png
    Screenshot 2015-05-09 00.18.28.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Troubleshooting 2015-05-09 00-04.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 59
Hi, I would like to report a problem: since version 6.2.16 installer does not finish installation process correctly if(an only if) the option "support kexts" is selected(see attached screenshot). Version 6.2.15.7 works as expected.

Please find troubleshooting files in the attachment.

Edit: Oh, I see after 20 minutes or more installation finishes correctly. Wo would expected that? :)

Since 6.2.16, kexts are installed to /S/L/E, so you have to wait for permission repair.

Since 6.2.16, kexts are installed to /S/L/E, so you have to wait for permission repair.

You can avoid permission repair if you install them with correct permissions...

I'd rather have the kext see the Apple IDs when it reads via IOPCIDevice::configRead*. I'll continue to advise people to use FakePCIID instead of ProBookARPT.kext. It is more simple. Less kexts. FakePCIID for HD4600 and Broadcom WiFi. BrcmPatchRAM for BT. No toleda kexts, no ProBookARPT.kext needed.

The Broadcom bluetooth parts of of ProBookARPT.kext should be removed as this job is handled better by BrcmPatchRAM.kext and having them both installed, they conflict with each other.

We still need ProbookARPT for Atheros wifi right? Do you plan to create a FakePCIID for Atheros so I could remove it completely?

We still need ProbookARPT for Atheros wifi right? Do you plan to create a FakePCIID for Atheros so I could remove it completely?

You will still need it for Atheros WiFi.

Remove any existing bluetooth firmware uploader you have (BTFirmwareUploader.kext, old version of BrcmPatchRAM.kext).

Remove ProBookARPT.kext.

Install latest FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

Remove any config.plist patch you have for AirPort Extreme branding.

Install latest BrcmPatchRAM.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Final config for BT/WiFi:
- BrcmPatchRAM: firmware uploader
- handoff patch in config.plistRep
- FakePCIID kexts: AirPort Extreme branding for WiFi
- 5ghz patch in config.plist

Report back on results.
Okay, the "Bluetooth:not available" only occurs after sleep. wifi restarts, but for some reason bluetooth does not. It takes a re-start to bring it back.

:problem:

Any ideas on this?
Thank you .

Attachments

• ocean223IOREG.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 68
  • ocean223LOG.log.zip
    66.6 KB · Views: 49

Attachments

• ocean223IOREG before sleep.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 93
  • ocean223IOREGAAftersleep.ioreg