Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Open config.plist in Xcode. If there is an issue, then it is a problem in PBI. If not, bug lies in CC.

Xcode says: The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format. :cry:

Xcode says: The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format. :cry:

Your file is corrupt. Regenerate with PBI-CE. Always use a plist editor to edit your config.plist.

Note: You can check the syntax of a plist with plutil:
Code:
# assuming EFI partition is mounted at /Volumes/EFI
plutil -lint /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

Thanks for the tip RehabMan, I was able to find the problem using plutil: the AppleUSBXHCI section (lines 182-192) didn't have a closing </data> tag. I added the </data> tag before the closing </dict> tag and all works now. CC opens the file, and plutil reports it as OK.

So does this mean PBI-CE is creating a bad config? BTW, before I started debugging it I created this config from scratch; I deleted my existing one and reran PBI-CE before checking with plutil etc.

Thanks for the tip RehabMan, I was able to find the problem using plutil: the AppleUSBXHCI section (lines 182-192) didn't have a closing </data> tag. I added the </data> tag before the closing </dict> tag and all works now. CC opens the file, and plutil reports it as OK.

So does this mean PBI-CE is creating a bad config? BTW, before I started debugging it I created this config from scratch; I deleted my existing one and reran PBI-CE before checking with plutil etc.

If the config.plist resulted from PBI-CE, it points to a bug in PBI-CE.

If the config.plist resulted from PBI-CE, it points to a bug in PBI-CE.

Yes, the plist was a freshly generated one using the latest PBI-CE. Once I added the missing closing tag everything worked fine; that was the only edit I made.

I'm assuming posting it here is enough for the dev(s) to see? If not please let me know how to report the bug. Thanks.

Yes, the plist was a freshly generated one using the latest PBI-CE. Once I added the missing closing tag everything worked fine; that was the only edit I made.

I'm assuming posting it here is enough for the dev(s) to see? If not please let me know how to report the bug. Thanks.

I just tried the latest ProBook Installer (6.2.15.5) on my 4530s and it created a valid config.plist. Since your profile is not filled out (as required by the rules), I don't know what hardware you have, and how your selections in the ProBook Installer may differ from my own.

You should post complete details so that nguyenmac can properly respond.

Looking at the source code, I don't see a problem either, but you always look at code differently when you know the specifics of a confirmed problem.

Make sure you updated both kexts and config.plist.

Sorry, i don't know what you mean. The only thing I have ever done is run the package installer and select all the same settings.

- Clover
- Zbook (kext)
- Zbook (config/dsdt patching)
high res display

The system appears to sleep, as soon as you think it is going to power down, it fires back up.

The system appears to sleep, as soon as you think it is going to power down, it fires back up.

Instant wake.... check "wake reason" in system.log.

Make sure you have "Wake on LAN" and "Wake on USB" disabled in BIOS.

There is a bug in PBI CE for Haswell models, I will fix it too. Sleep will be fixed after this. Wait a bit.

EDIT: New version is out, you should recreate config.plist again.

There is a bug in PBI CE for Haswell models, I will fix it too. Sleep will be fixed after this. Wait a bit.

no problem, just sharing my experience. I very much appreciate the support!

Back