Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

could someone post a link to ebay of the cheapest wifi card i could buy for the 4530s for this install. Everything is golden after install but looks like the card in this machine is not the AR5B195.

will this one not work since its not hp "branded"

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Atheros-AR5B195-AR9002WB-Wifi-AR3011-BT3-0-Wireless-Bluetooth-Combo-Card-/111475392025?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item19f4737e19

any help would be great if someone could link me to the cheapest way to get wifi working it would be amazing !

You can rebrand any AR9280 or AR9285 card.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/115110-rebranding-atheros-928x-cards-guide.html

Should we change anything in PBI CE about that?

Yes. You should specify the SSDT order in ACPI/SortedOrder. Otherwise, the order of SSDTs loaded will be random.

Hello,
Thank you for your efforts. I have HP Probook i5, 4540s, and I followed all the instructions, but after choosing to boot from > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi it goes to a black screen with Apple logo and the status bar does not give me any progress (please see attached screen shot). Could you please help me and let me know why it freeze on this screen?
I disabled the switchable card, virtualization, fast boot, wake up on lan, and all the required things.
Thank you for your support and help.
Regards,

D1ghKie.png

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.14.1 (November 18th)

Download

Changelog

Source @bitbucket

Guide to install Mavericks on HP Probook

Guide to install Yosemite on HP Probook

Troubleshooting

If you have any problems with PBI, please send me your following files:
- EFI/CLOVER/ folder in EFI partition (mounted by CC)
- /var/log/install.log in Mac partition (hidden folder)
- /S/L/E/AppleHDAIDT.kext in Mac partition.

Attachments

• 20150101_144234_Mostafa_Abd_El-Sameea[1].jpg
    20150101_144234_Mostafa_Abd_El-Sameea[1].jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 59
Hello,
Thank you for your efforts. I have HP Probook i5, 4540s, and I followed all the instructions, but after choosing to boot from > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi it goes to a black screen with Apple logo and the status bar does not give me any progress (please see attached screen shot). Could you please help me and let me know why it freeze on this screen?
I disabled the switchable card, virtualization, fast boot, wake up on lan, and all the required things.
Regards,

Did you copy the correct config.plist to /EFI/Clover/config.plist?

Hello,
Regards,
Where did you see the info?

Check your config.plist again, many people made mistakes after reading the guide carelessly.

Yes, I used the one in your dropbox account:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/28spnh4ozkb424m/AACuCmfpsu9tSvEv_4CSU67za
Is that correct?

Which one? Post your EFI folder if you want anyone to check for you.

Also,

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Back