Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Hey Guys,after an update of Windows 8.1,only Windows 8.1 starts after turning on the Probook,no more clover there,but i can choose "boot from efi file" to start into mavericks,any ideas?
I already updated to the latest clover.
best regards

Hey Guys,after an update of Windows 8.1,only Windows 8.1 starts after turning on the Probook,no more clover there,but i can choose "boot from efi file" to start into mavericks,any ideas?
best regards

Boot to osx and go to EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ and rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi. Use cloverconfigurator to mount efi partition

best regards

The file, /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi was updated during the update you applied to Windows. Copy it to /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw-orig.efi and then remove /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi.

Hi there,

I'm recently new to Clover (I did had this issue with the original probook installer too).

Just curious, but if I put a kWh (power) meter inbetween the plug and my laptop adaptor and I let Mavericks (any version) idle, I get about 30 watts power usage. If I'm in Windows 8 (only HD4000 as in Mavericks) I get with idling about 12 - 15 watts power usage. In Mavericks (OS X) my fan never turns off, but does in Windows.

Is this some quirk in Mavericks itself or could it be solved? The lowest stepping my CPU goes to in idling in OS X is 1.19Ghz, haven't checked Windows 8.1 yet.

Anybody got the same issue?? If this is possible to resolve then I would be really happy as it allows me much more battery usage :D

Thanks!

edit: I have the HP 4740s with Ivy bridge i5 cpu.

Hi there,

I'm recently new to Clover (I did had this issue with the original probook installer too).

Just curious, but if I put a kWh (power) meter inbetween the plug and my laptop adaptor and I let Mavericks (any version) idle, I get about 30 watts power usage. If I'm in Windows 8 (only HD4000 as in Mavericks) I get with idling about 12 - 15 watts power usage. In Mavericks (OS X) my fan never turns off, but does in Windows.

Is this some quirk in Mavericks itself or could it be solved? The lowest stepping my CPU goes to in idling in OS X is 1.19Ghz, haven't checked Windows 8.1 yet.

Anybody got the same issue?? If this is possible to resolve then I would be really happy as it allows me much more battery usage :D

Thanks!

edit: I have the HP 4740s with Ivy bridge i5 cpu.

Hard to know without complete specs on your computer and details on the procedure(s) you used to install.

Hard to know without complete specs on your computer and details on the procedure(s) you used to install.

Hi,

I'll open up a separate thread for this with all PC specs. First wanted to know if something like this was already known.

Thanks for the reply :)

I updated to 6.14.1 with new Clover 2696 + Clover Configurator, and prepare to FUTURE OS X Update (you know what I mean:think:)

Here is how to update to latest configuration (if you used 6.14):

- Run new PBI, select Clover UEFI 2696 + Clover Configurator > Finish.

- Open CC, mount EFI partition then File > Import /EFI/Clover/config.plist
- Go to Boot tab, select kext-dev-mode=1. File > Export and save to /EFI/Clover/config.plist

Then, you can update to ANY version you WANT.:thumbup:

I updated to 6.14.1 with new Clover 2696 + Clover Configurator, and prepare to FUTURE OS X Update (you know what I mean:think:)

Here is how to update to latest configuration (if you used 6.14):

- Run new PBI, select Clover UEFI 2696 + Clover Configurator > Finish.

- Open CC, mount EFI partition then File > Import /EFI/Clover/config.plist
- Go to Boot tab, select kext-dev-mode=1. File > Export and save to /EFI/Clover/config.plist

Then, you can update to ANY version you WANT.:thumbup:

Hi Ng, what is the kext-dev-mode=1 for?

Ive never used the PBI on clover, did it all manually (same result with kexts not in SLE) I assume this still stands the same?

Should I just run CC, update clover, mount EFI etc...?

Hi Ng, what is the kext-dev-mode=1 for?

Ive never used the PBI on clover, did it all manually (same result with kexts not in SLE) I assume this still stands the same?

Should I just run CC, update clover, mount EFI etc...?

Yes, the procedure applies to you. Check your pm too.

Back