Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

You can avoid permission repair if you install them with correct permissions...

How to install kexts with correct permission? I think setting the entire kexts with chown root:wheel and chmod 755 is not enough right?

*Duplicated post*

How to install kexts with correct permission? I think setting the entire kexts with chown root:wheel and chmod 755 is not enough right?

You can repair permissions in Disk Utility after using the PBI and you'll see the ones that are wrong. The owner is always root:wheel, but permissions depend on the file type (binary vs. directory vs. other file).

If the permissions are correct in the pkg, the Installer.app will install with the same permissions. The problem, in the PBI case, is due to copying from the EFI partition which is fat32, which has no permissions capability.

With some awk trickery you can see the octal permissions associated with ls -l listing...

For example:
Code:
Speedy-OSX:~ RehabMan$ ls -lR /System/Library/Extensions/ACPIDebug.kext/ | awk '{k=0;for(i=0;i<=8;i++)k+=((substr($1,i+2,1)~/[rwx]/)*2^(8-i));if(k)printf(" %0o ",k);print}';
total 0
 755 drwxr-xr-x  4 root  wheel  136 May 11 07:48 Contents

/System/Library/Extensions/ACPIDebug.kext//Contents:
total 8
 644 -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  2709 May 11 07:48 Info.plist
 755 drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   102 May 11 07:48 MacOS

/System/Library/Extensions/ACPIDebug.kext//Contents/MacOS:
total 64
 755 -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  30072 May 11 07:48 ACPIDebug

Looks like normal files are 644, and binaries and directories are 755 (difference is execute bit).

Source: http://askubuntu.com/questions/152001/how-can-i-get-octal-file-permissions-from-command-line

Here's my trouble shooting files...

Attachments

• install.log.zip
    37.7 KB · Views: 72
  • PCI.txt.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 58
Here's my trouble shooting files...

Have you replaced your screen in your 4540s with a 1080p screen? If not, why are you selecting the high resolution screen option in the ProBook Installer.

Hey RehabMan...

My 4440s has the non compatible card. is the AzureWave/Atheros AW-NE773 AR5BHB92 card the best one to get? or is there another one i should look at?

Hey RehabMan...

My 4440s has the non csompatible card. is the AzureWave/Atheros AW-NE773 AR5BHB92 card the best one to get? or is there another one i should look at?

It is WiFi only. If you need Bluetooth BCM94352HMB.

I have a usb bluetooth device that works pretty well when i do use it.

I'll look into it to free up the usb. Thanks!

Back