Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

I am preparing a Probook 450 G0, and I have the following glitches:

1. if I set the boot resolution to the native resolution, the typical circle below the apple logo looks totally distorted to the left of the screen, but I thing this is what you say about screen distortion in UEFI without CFM

2. if I manage to control the audio volume with Fn+<audio keys>, the volume changes but not in the menu bar control, where remains at the maximum level; than if I change it from the menu bar control (lowering down) then I press keys combination, the volume starts back from the maxim level; seams that those two ways of controlling volume works independently

3. Command and Alt keys are swapped: I have to swap in keyboard preferences to let 'em works as expected

4. there's a way to use the standard FakeSMC updatable through HWMonitor (installing different PS2 kext) or I have to stick with the one included in PBI?

Thank you for your work and help anyway

l0v3r

I am preparing a Probook 450 G0, and I have the following glitches:

1. if I set the boot resolution to the native resolution, the typical circle below the apple logo looks totally distorted to the left of the screen, but I thing this is what you say about screen distortion in UEFI without CFM

2. if I manage to control the audio volume with Fn+<audio keys>, the volume changes but not in the menu bar control, where remains at the maximum level; than if I change it from the menu bar control (lowering down) then I press keys combination, the volume starts back from the maxim level; seams that those two ways of controlling volume works independently

3. Command and Alt keys are swapped: I have to swap in keyboard preferences to let 'em works as expected

4. there's a way to use the standard FakeSMC updatable through HWMonitor (installing different PS2 kext) or I have to stick with the one included in PBI?

Thank you for your work and help anyway

l0v3r

1: Normal.
2: What is your DSDT header name? Example:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]DefinitionBlock ("dsdt.aml", "DSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "1942    ", 0x00000001)[/COLOR]
4: FakeSMC is not related to PS2 kexts. You can try other FakeSMC if you want.
3: Backup your S/L/E/AppleHDAIDT.kext, then try installing this:

Attachments

• AppleHDAIDT.kext.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 83
2: What is your DSDT header name? Example:
4: FakeSMC is not related to PS2 kexts. You can try other FakeSMC if you want.
3: Backup your S/L/E/AppleHDAIDT.kext, then try installing this:

2: My DSDT header is:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]DefinitionBlock ("iASLJxBEWc.aml", "DSDT", 2, "Apple ", "1949    ", 0x00000001)[/COLOR]
I tried your header, but Fn key don't work anymore, instead I can change audio volume with Command key; brightness don't work at all; I moved old DSDT back

3: With the new AppleHDAIDT.kext the audio volume works flawlessly, thank you
4: I tried to use another FakeSMC (the one included in HWMonitor from kozlek) but audio and touchpad/keyboard stop working, unless I move back the FakeSMC included in PBI

l0v3r

If you renamed to 1942, your fn keyboard will be reversed, you don't need to holding Fn keys anymore, and there is option in Sys Pref > Keyboard to reverse the effect.

Instead of changing DSDT header, download the following kext instead, and replace the kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 folder of EFI partition.

Note that only AppleHDAIDT.kext will be installed in S/L/E. All other kexts are located in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    81.4 KB · Views: 68
If you renamed to 1942, your fn keyboard will be reversed, you don't need to holding Fn keys anymore, and there is option in Sys Pref > Keyboard to reverse the effect.

Instead of changing DSDT header, download the following kext instead, and replace the kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 folder of EFI partition.

Note that only AppleHDAIDT.kext will be installed in S/L/E. All other kexts are located in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9

Now works ok even with 1942 and HPQOEM in the DSDT header: the only remaining glitch is the swapped Command Option keys, that I have to swap in keyboard preferences.

While the question about FakeSMC, I think the problem is that HWmonitor updater install kexts in S/L/E, and I think this prevents Clover to load its own kexts (PS2 included).

While the question about FakeSMC, I think the problem is that HWmonitor updater install kexts in S/L/E, and I think this prevents Clover to load its own kexts (PS2 included).

You're right.

You're right.

Tried installing the latest FakeSMC from HWMonitor, and forced kext injection removing first the one in Clover EFI folder, and everything works perfect

So, with this 450 G0 (H0U95EA), after PBI I don't have the right DSDT header, the VoodooPS2Controller.kext don't include the G0 ID, and the AppleHDAIDT.kext is not correct.
With these changes in PBI for G0 model, should works good (I don't know if all G0 are similar)

Tried installing the latest FakeSMC from HWMonitor, and forced kext injection removing first the one in Clover EFI folder, and everything works perfect

So, with this 450 G0 (H0U95EA), after PBI I don't have the right DSDT header, the VoodooPS2Controller.kext don't include the G0 ID, and the AppleHDAIDT.kext is not correct.
With these changes in PBI for G0 model, should works good (I don't know if all G0 are similar)

In fact, those kexts are all original from Chameleon PBI. I will make some changes in PBI CE as you said: Add G0 ID to PS2, replace AppleHDAIDT.kext

You can clone both EFI partition and Mac partition to new drive, and it will work.

I did the initial install to the SSD. Do I need to enable TRIM or a specific sleep mode? Didn't see any reference to TRIM or sleep in the latest version of the PBIC.

Thanks!

I did the initial install to the SSD. Do I need to enable TRIM or a specific sleep mode? Didn't see any reference to TRIM or sleep in the latest version of the PBIC.

Thanks!

They are automatically enabled by default.

Go to System Information to check Trim Support.

Back