Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Everything worked. Thank you so much! Thought will be sent immediately to read the manual and all ... do not know much English and in Russian or Ukrainian little information. It was nice to chat, Merry Christmas

I replaced ShowAllFiles by XtraFinder, more functions all-in-one.

Please make it an option to deselect. XtraFinder crashes TotalFinder and maybe other little helpers we are accustomed to. It is a nuisance to unistall every time a test installation completed.

And maybe a vertically resizable window would allow a better overview over the installable options.

For everything else: A d**n good Installer! :) :) :)
Big Thanks!

dg

Hi!

I'm trying to install PBI RC6, but regardless what I select it always says that software can't be installed because the installer can't find software o_O

Thanks

Installer can't find software? What is that?

Please read the red text please. Why do I have to say this to all people???

Please make it an option to deselect. XtraFinder crashes TotalFinder and maybe other little helpers we are accustomed to. It is a nuisance to unistall every time a test installation completed.

And maybe a vertically resizable window would allow a better overview over the installable options.

For everything else: A d**n good Installer! :) :) :)
Big Thanks!

dg

Why can't you deselect it????????????

Installer can't find software? What is that?

Please read the red text please. Why do I have to say this to all people???

Maybe my translation is not precise but the meaning remains the same: installer can't find software for installation. It's the first time I've encountered such behavior. Previous version of PBI (6.2.14.2) worked fine.

Here are my files: View attachment files.zip

Maybe my translation is not precise but the meaning remains the same: installer can't find software for installation. It's the first time I've encountered such behavior. Previous version of PBI (6.2.14.2) worked fine.

Here are my files: View attachment 121225

I will fix ASAP, thank you!

EDIT: Fixed in RC7.

Brightness problem

Hi, I've clean installed Yosemite 10.10.1 in my HP EliteBook 840 G1 (Core i3, HD4400), I installed the latest PBI (RC7), and when I rebooted the laptop, the screen fades to black when loading OS X Yosemite. I had to delete ACPIBacklight.kext from the EFI/CLOVER/kexts directory in order to boot normally, otherwise it won't boot at all. With the previous release (6.2.14.2), brightness control works properly.

Also the audio codec doesn't get installed properly, I had to reinstall manually through command line the AppleHDAIDT.kext to enable it.

Here are my files (I deleted the ACPIBacklight.kext)

View attachment files.zip

Thanks in advance! Greetings from Chile!

Hi, I've clean installed Yosemite 10.10.1 in my HP EliteBook 840 G1 (Core i3, HD4400), I installed the latest PBI (RC7), and when I rebooted the laptop, the screen fades to black when loading OS X Yosemite. I had to delete ACPIBacklight.kext from the EFI/CLOVER/kexts directory in order to boot normally, otherwise it won't boot at all. With the previous release (6.2.14.2), brightness control works properly.

You probably have a zero backlight level stored in nvram. Press your brightness up key.

If you find the steps to reproduce the zero nvram value, please report it.

Also the audio codec doesn't get installed properly, I had to reinstall manually through command line the AppleHDAIDT.kext to enable it.

As described in the guide, you need to rebuild cache and reboot a couple of times.

Your re-installing the kext simply caused the cache rebuild...

You probably have a zero backlight level stored in nvram. Press your brightness up key.

If you find the steps to reproduce the zero nvram value, please report it.

As described in the guide, you need to rebuild cache and reboot a couple of times.

Your re-installing the kext simply caused the cache rebuild...

Hahahaha, it works properly now, somehow the fn key toggle in the Keyboard options was changed. Awesome work.

Thanks!

Back