Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

I really did nothing on RC3.

I just fix vanilla DSDT checking in PBI CE.

In RC2-, the installer fails to identify your dsdt is not vanilla (because of not pressing F4) and report successful install. In RC3, an error message will appear.

strage, but as I said, I never forget to press F4 when repatching. And I really try several times before I give up...

strage, but as I said, I never forget to press F4 when repatching. And I really try several times before I give up...

Depending on your BIOS setting, F4 may be actually Fn+F4.

Where the guide says "Press F4" it really means "Press the key that generates the F4 scan code"

Depending on your BIOS setting, F4 may be actually Fn+F4.

Where the guide says "Press F4" it really means "Press the key that generates the F4 scan code"

In my system is F4, I have successfully repatched my DSDT tens ans tens of times, last time a while ago with PB CE 6.2.15-RC3

I could think of something like this:

- You pressed F4, ACPI tables go to Clover/ACPI/origin/
- You removed Clover folder before running PBI CE
- PBI CE can't find ACPI tables in origin folder, thus it uses patched ACPI in current system.
- PBI CE can't detect that those files are patched -> fail to patch completely, but still report successful install (fixed in RC3).

I could think of something like this:

- You pressed F4, ACPI tables go to Clover/ACPI/origin/
- You removed Clover folder before running PBI CE
- PBI CE can't find ACPI tables in origin folder, thus it uses patched ACPI in current system.
- PBI CE can't detect that those files are patched -> fail to patch completely, but still report successful install (fixed in RC3).

Yes, if the user deletes the entire Clover folder after pressing F4, then it as if the user never pressed F4...

File that one as total "pilot error"...

Yes, if the user deletes the entire Clover folder after pressing F4, then it as if the user never pressed F4...

File that one as total "pilot error"...

That's the origin of my problem. That's really what's happened. Thanks guys.

Excited :D ordered 8470p and Bcm943225hmb wifi + bt for $329 + $15

I've bought exactly the same as you. Were you able to get the Bcm943225hmb running on Windows 7? I cannot...

I've bought exactly the same as you. Were you able to get the Bcm943225hmb running on Windows 7? I cannot...
Download Broadcom driver and install. I have to do this even on Win 8.1.

Doing all the instructions, but the config file is not created. Now I can only boot from the installation section Clover. What could be the reason that the file is not created config.plist?

Doing all the instructions, but the config file is not created. Now I can only boot from the installation section Clover. What could be the reason that the file is not created config.plist?

Config.plist will be created if you use the correct options. You probably (incorrectly) selected "Patch DSDT only".

Back