Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

OK, here are the files. A little unsure about the EFI folder. I grabbed the files from /Volumes/EFI. Since the Probook Installer never finishes, I never got CC installed.

I see now that this perhaps belongs to another thread, but this is what I did (I have started from scratch).

1. Installed Yosemite 10.10.01 from AppStore using Clover method.

2. After install, booted with -x (I never reach the wizard otherwise)

3. Went through the welcome wizard. It didn't find my ethernet card (It did yesterday with the same install...)

4. Downloaded newest ProBook installer for Clover

5. Ran through ProBook installer with all the recommended options, nothing else. Selected ivy bridge i3.

5. The installer almost finishes, and then quits with unknown error. Message is to contact developer.

System is HP ProBook 4530S i3 intel HD 3000. Broken LCD, but external monitor connected with hdmi.

Attached are the requested files (unsure about the EFI-folder though)

I appreciate the help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46d4payljdeg6sg/errorlog.zip?dl=0

OK, here are the files. A little unsure about the EFI folder. I grabbed the files from /Volumes/EFI. Since the Probook Installer never finishes, I never got CC installed.

I see now that this perhaps belongs to another thread, but this is what I did (I have started from scratch).

1. Installed Yosemite 10.10.01 from AppStore using Clover method.

2. After install, booted with -x (I never reach the wizard otherwise)

3. Went through the welcome wizard. It didn't find my ethernet card (It did yesterday with the same install...)

4. Downloaded newest ProBook installer for Clover

5. Ran through ProBook installer with all the recommended options, nothing else. Selected ivy bridge i3.

5. The installer almost finishes, and then quits with unknown error. Message is to contact developer.

System is HP ProBook 4530S i3 intel HD 3000. Broken LCD, but external monitor connected with hdmi.

Attached are the requested files (unsure about the EFI-folder though)

I appreciate the help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46d4payljdeg6sg/errorlog.zip?dl=0

You do not have HD3000. You do not have a Core i3. Your profile is inaccurate.

From the log:
Code:
Dec 11 12:53:44 Tronds-MacBook-Pro.local installd[674]: ./postinstall: ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
Dec 11 12:53:44 Tronds-MacBook-Pro.local installd[674]: ./postinstall:              v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
Dec 11 12:53:44 Tronds-MacBook-Pro.local installd[674]: ./postinstall:              v14.3 Copyright (c) 2013-2014 by Pike R. Alpha
Dec 11 12:53:44 Tronds-MacBook-Pro.local installd[674]: ./postinstall: -----------------------------------------------------------
Dec 11 12:53:44 Tronds-MacBook-Pro.local installd[674]: ./postinstall: Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <
Dec 11 12:53:44 Tronds-MacBook-Pro.local installd[674]: ./postinstall: System information: Mac OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)
Dec 11 12:53:44 Tronds-MacBook-Pro.local installd[674]: ./postinstall: Brandstring [B]'Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz[/B]'
Dec 11 12:53:44 Tronds-MacBook-Pro.local installd[674]: ./postinstall: 
Dec 11 12:53:44 Tronds-MacBook-Pro.local installd[674]: ./postinstall: Error: Unknown processor model ...

Pentium CPUs (with Intel HD graphics) are not supported.

Ahh....

The laptop has the Intel Core i3 sticker on it... CPU-Z in Windows says it's Ivy Bridge. Is the B950 also Ivy bridge?

Is there no OS X version that can run on this? I do not need graphic acceleration. It is supposed to be an iTunes file server plus print server for the rest of my macs. Since I can boot it from usb, is there any way to make it run?

Thanks in advance.

Ahh....

The laptop has the Intel Core i3 sticker on it... CPU-Z in Windows says it's Ivy Bridge. Is the B950 also Ivy bridge?

Is there no OS X version that can run on this? I do not need graphic acceleration. It is supposed to be an iTunes file server plus print server for the rest of my macs. Since I can boot it from usb, is there any way to make it run?

Thanks in advance.

The B950 is Sandy Bridge. Someone pulled the CPU and replaced it with a Pentium. The 4x30s is always Sandy, never Ivy.

Your graphics capability is not supported. You need to replace the CPU.

OK. Since the lcd is already broken, I think I'll retire this laptop.

But one last question about graphics. Since I can install Mountain Lion, boot it from usb with -x and get to the desktop with most things working, even networking, how is it that it's not possible to boot it and use it without booting from usb?

I know the graphics is slow and acceleration does not work, but it is usable for what I intend to use it for...

Thanks for your help anyway!

OK. Since the lcd is already broken, I think I'll retire this laptop.

But one last question about graphics. Since I can install Mountain Lion, boot it from usb with -x and get to the desktop with most things working, even networking, how is it that it's not possible to boot it and use it without booting from usb?

I know the graphics is slow and acceleration does not work, but it is usable for what I intend to use it for...

Thanks for your help anyway!

You're using VESA graphics, no QE/CI. You can probably operate in that mode by setting a FakeID for IntelGFX to an id that is not a supported id (for example desktop HD3000, 0x01228086).

OK.

I have now reinstalled Mountain Lion. It installed fine (with -x at boot).

Now I can boot it from the installer usbkey, choose my Mountain Lion HD and boot from that. As long as I boot with -x I get to the desktop and actually have a working system. Have tested filesharing and printsharing, that's what the machine is for. It also works as iTunes backend for my AppleTV.

Everything works, but I have to boot from the installer usbkey.

I tried to run ProBook Installer, selecting *only* chameleon. I can now boot without the usbkey, but it halts with a kernel panic.

If I boot with my usbkey again, it works as described. But can anyone help me with:

1. Tell me the steps to be able to boot from internal HD with graphics as described in the post above? If I can manage that, I guess I can also boot without passing the -x?

2. Should I select more from the ProBook installer? Since my cpu is unsupported (Intel HD Graphics)?

3. Where can I put in the FakeID suggested above when running Chameleon?

Thanks in advance.

OK.

I have now reinstalled Mountain Lion. It installed fine (with -x at boot).

Now I can boot it from the installer usbkey, choose my Mountain Lion HD and boot from that. As long as I boot with -x I get to the desktop and actually have a working system. Have tested filesharing and printsharing, that's what the machine is for. It also works as iTunes backend for my AppleTV.

Everything works, but I have to boot from the installer usbkey.

I tried to run ProBook Installer, selecting *only* chameleon. I can now boot without the usbkey, but it halts with a kernel panic.

If I boot with my usbkey again, it works as described. But can anyone help me with:

1. Tell me the steps to be able to boot from internal HD with graphics as described in the post above? If I can manage that, I guess I can also boot without passing the -x?

2. Should I select more from the ProBook installer? Since my cpu is unsupported (Intel HD Graphics)?

3. Where can I put in the FakeID suggested above when running Chameleon?

Thanks in advance.

You should read the guide carefully (selecting only Chameleon is not valid). You need the kexts...

And since you can't use SSDT generator, you should use GenerateCStates/GeneratePStates in org.chameleon.boot.plist instead.

FakeID is specific to Clover.

OK, thanks!

But how do I overcome the HD Graphics not supported issue? I have read other posts and guides, and some removes all the intel HD kexts in /S/L/E.

Will that help?

Back