Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

I use the latest bios available and there is nothing like protection, everything is working fine, the only issue I have is random sleep/wake issue when opening notebook

I already re-patched DSDT and SSDT from safe mode and the problem persists, when I open the notebook from sleep i get black screen.

Anyone else have this issue?

Is there some way to fix this, it is possible it is 10.9.5 related . . ?

When I get a black screen, all I have to do is press f3 or fn+f3 which cranks up the brightness. It will turn the screen back on again!

When I get a black screen, all I have to do is press f3 or fn+f3 which cranks up the brightness. It will turn the screen back on again!

I tried that, sometimes it works, sometimes it does not :) very weird i think it is 10.9.5 related

We will wait for a certain new release :)

Have fun,

Won't you update this anymore? I have a flawless 10.9.3 pro book 4440s and want to migrate to 10.9.5 but do not want to test clover yet, since it's a working machine. Can I proceed with the update process using this installer?

Yes u can, use the latest PBI available

Won't you update this anymore? I have a flawless 10.9.3 pro book 4440s and want to migrate to 10.9.5 but do not want to test clover yet, since it's a working machine. Can I proceed with the update process using this installer?

Read the relevant section of post #1.

Is anyone else having issues with iMessage and FaceTime not logging in

Any new on the new PBI installer ? ? ?

10x

For now, there won't be Yosemite-compatible version of the original HP ProBook Installer mainly for two reasons:

1. Some of the patches inside (the AppleHDA binary patch, the RTC patch and HDMI audio patches) have unclear or not at all compatibility with Yosemite.
2. There is already HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition, a much more advanced installer, based on the Clover bootloader.

My advice is to use the new Clover Edition with Yosemite for all supported platforms.

I have switched to Clover:):thumbup:

Back