Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

And then I was greeted with a DSDT Warning.txt on desktop, so I patched DSDT again (but only DSDT-related options, not everything)... ioreg still reports AppleUSBXHCI, USB ports still aren't working. Thoughts?

Make sure you remove DSDT or boot DSDT=Null before attempting to re-patch. There must be no custom DSDT loaded at the time the ProBook Installer is running.

here you go

Attachments

• Nikola’s MacBook Pro.zip
    440.1 KB · Views: 79
here you go

Looks normal to me... You could try GenericUSBXHCI.kext with -gux_defer_usb2 to see if you get better results (patch DSDT without USB3 patch).

Try disconnecting various USB devices as well...

So, I just type that into terminal? I don't really care about usb 3.0 functionality...

If all fails, I'll reinstall.

How are the speed transfers in your case with usb 3 ? In my case it seems kinda slow, it stucks on a specific amount of bytes transfered , then continues for some time to transfer then again stucks somewhere and continues after a minor pause of some seconds . Is it normal ? My usb is formatted with mac os journaled

So, I just type that into terminal? I don't really care about usb 3.0 functionality...

If all fails, I'll reinstall.

If you haven't already tried a re-install, do that first.

Well, something funny just happened! USB sound card, flash drive, iPod touch and Samsung Galaxy S3 still don't work on USB 3.0 ports, but a USB MIDI keyboard does.

I'll reinstall for sure, just not now. I'm in a middle of a project and need to use Logic Pro, plus I have a ton of plugins and other software, it'll take me at least two or three days to get everything working again.

Well, something funny just happened! USB sound card, flash drive, iPod touch and Samsung Galaxy S3 still don't work on USB 3.0 ports, but a USB MIDI keyboard does.

I'll reinstall for sure, just not now. I'm in a middle of a project and need to use Logic Pro, plus I have a ton of plugins and other software, it'll take me at least two or three days to get everything working again.

try ec reset?

Back