Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

I have a 4740s and with the Probook Installer everything works perfectly except vga output does anyone know how I can activate it ???

I have a 4740s and with the Probook Installer everything works perfectly except vga output does anyone know how I can activate it ???
You can't, if you need VGA use an adapter.

Ok, thanks i want use 2 Monitor's One with HDMI and One with VGA is there no Way to activate this port with a kext ? I have a HP DV6000 3010sg on this Machine work VGA and also HDMI ....

Ok, thanks i want use 2 Monitor's One with HDMI and One with VGA is there no Way to activate this port with a kext ? I have a HP DV6000 3010sg on this Machine work VGA and also HDMI ....
I never heard of anyone with a Probook and HD4000 being able to use the VGA port.

Could you help me out? I have an extremely annoying issue...

My USB 3.0 ports are working pretty randomly (some devices work on them, some don't, but they mostly don't). My wireless mouse receiver and external audio card are plugged into both USB 2.0 ports and this leaves me with no available ports to plug anything... HP 4540s with sandy bridge CPU and Mavericks 10.9

Could you help me out? I have an extremely annoying issue...

My USB 3.0 ports are working pretty randomly (some devices work on them, some don't, but they mostly don't). My wireless mouse receiver and external audio card are plugged into both USB 2.0 ports and this leaves me with no available ports to plug anything... HP 4540s with sandy bridge CPU and Mavericks 10.9

Did you patch your DSDT with the latest ProBook Installer? Make sure it is patched with the latest...

And make sure you're not using GenericUSBXHCI and instead are using AppleUSBXHCI (check ioreg).

Hey guys any pointers on why my CPU is being recognized as 32bit?

Did you patch your DSDT with the latest ProBook Installer? Make sure it is patched with the latest...

And make sure you're not using GenericUSBXHCI and instead are using AppleUSBXHCI (check ioreg).

Checked ioreg, it seems like I'm already using AppleUSBXHCI

ik7SPtv.png

But I patched again anyway (latest, 6.1.13r3), with selected options:

And then I was greeted with a DSDT Warning.txt on desktop, so I patched DSDT again (but only DSDT-related options, not everything)... ioreg still reports AppleUSBXHCI, USB ports still aren't working. Thoughts?

Back