Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

According to your log, the cause for your unsuccessful installation is the AHCI patch. It seems it doesn't contain support for 10.8.5 and because of that, it fails. I doubt you need it on 10.8.5.

philip_petev, thanks for your help. the install completed this time for PBI 13r3, this time I left the 2 AHCI options unchecked.

Since this is not a fresh install of 10.8.5 on a 4x30s, does this mean if a fresh install of 10.8.5 on 4x30s, the 2 ACHI options in PBI do not need to be checked to ensure the system hardware functioning ?

This group contains options, which generally are not needed for the normal work of the operating system, but in some cases they should be installed:

• AHCI patch (10.8.x only) - this option will patch IOAHCIFamily.kext, located in /S/L/E. Use it only if you have the "STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE" problem on your ProBook.
  • AHCI 3rd party kext - this option will install AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext in your /S/L/E. Use it only if the OS doesn't show (for some reason) your optical drive (whatever it is).

That's right, but right now I still wonder what to do: to add Clover to the current ProBook Installer or to make a new one that will be Clover-only based, what do you think about it, guys?
I'd go for a seperate installer if there are too many dependencies. Otherwise it'll make the installer unnecessary complex.
What I would like to see though is an easy way to switch/upgrade my current Chameleon installation to Clover. If that could be done by just checking of a few boxes in the installer than that would be a real help.
Thanks for the development to all developers who made it all possible!

Cheers,
Biggie

I'd go for a seperate installer if there are too many dependencies. Otherwise it'll make the installer unnecessary complex.
What I would like to see though is an easy way to switch/upgrade my current Chameleon installation to Clover. If that could be done by just checking of a few boxes in the installer than that would be a real help.
Thanks for the development to all developers who made it all possible!

Cheers,
Biggie

Cheers m8

Has anyone recently done a fresh install of mavericks and windows with this pbi or recent version of pbi? Anyone else got problems with freezing when accesing mavericks after being in windows partition? Kernel panic on boot

Has anyone recently done a fresh install of mavericks and windows with this pbi or recent version of pbi? Anyone else got problems with freezing when accesing mavericks after being in windows partition? Kernel panic on boot

nope. 10.9.3 2nd beta was out in last 24 hours, unless its urgent, you could wait for 10.9.3 official, maybe a week from now, less than 2 weeks since 10.9.2 was out, the 1st beta 10.9.3 came, and the 2nd beta of 10.9.3 1 week after that, and also wait for the PBI update.

That's right, but right now I still wonder what to do: to add Clover to the current ProBook Installer or to make a new one that will be Clover-only based, what do you think about it, guys?

plz, don't forget about 450g1 support :thumbup:

Sorry for asking the obvious: As written in the changelog to Version 6.1.12 (January 26th 2014) my brightness control does not work. The icon and the progress bar appear when I press fn-* but the brightness remains unchanged. The sad fact is that I have no clues as how to re-patch "my" DSDTs as you recommend. It's a ProBook 470 G0, i7, Mavericks 10.9.2, setup according to the guide by rehabman with your PB-installer. Could you please kindly direct me to a guide that details the necessary steps?

Thank you very much,
Ludwig

Sorry for asking the obvious: As written in the changelog to Version 6.1.12 (January 26th 2014) my brightness control does not work. The icon and the progress bar appear when I press fn-* but the brightness remains unchanged. The sad fact is that I have no clues as how to re-patch "my" DSDTs as you recommend. It's a ProBook 470 G0, i7, Mavericks 10.9.2, setup according to the guide by rehabman with your PB-installer. Could you please kindly direct me to a guide that details the necessary steps?

Thank you very much,
Ludwig

Details for re-patching DSDT are in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook.html

According to your log, the cause for your unsuccessful installation is the AHCI patch. It seems it doesn't contain support for 10.8.5 and because of that, it fails. I doubt you need it on 10.8.5.

philip, I'm using clover (complete fresh/new installation).
I selected the edid generator in the PBI, the installation went fine, but when I restart the laptop, I can't see the PB info in the about my mac (I still see integrated monitor and the macbook pro image).. any solution?

Thanks!

EDIT: with repair permissions, rebuild cache and ec reset, the problem seems to be resolved!

philip, how is going the Clover based PBI version development?

Thanks!

Back