Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Sorry, I should have edited my signature (it now is). It represented a build for which I have the parts but never got round to completing.

My Probook is a 4540s, without any mods other than more memory and BCM4352 (which I mistyped in my last entry).

I have used the DPCIManager, and it shows:

Vendor 14E4
Device 43B1
Sub Ven 1A3B
Sub Dev 2123
Vendor Name Broadcom Corporation
Device Name BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter

I have now deleted the ProBookARPT kext and instead used the BCM4352 kext.

I have not as yet done the manual DSDT edit as it seems far too involved.

However, I did previously use the BCM4322x patch (note the naming, which is correctly typed, which of course differs from the BCM4352, but I think the idea was for this to automate the DSDT edit in a general way, including that needed for the BCM4352) within PBI (latest version).

You mean BCM4352.kext by toleda, right? And it works? That's strange, because ProBookARPT.kext has the same IDs as the toleda's kext.

Edit: it seem toleda has updated his 4352 injectors for Mavericks compatibility, I'll look at them later (currently at work).

You mean BCM4352.kext by toleda, right? And it works? That's strange, because ProBookARPT.kext has the same IDs as the toleda's kext.

Edit: it seem toleda has updated his 4352 injectors for Mavericks compatibility, I'll look at them later (currently at work).

Yes, that's correct, I used the BCM4532.kext from toleda's repo.

I previously tried the ProBookARPT.zip (and kext therein), as well as the PBI DSDT patch described previously.

As yet, while I get the card to be seen as a PCI device, it does not appear in the available Wifi cards from System Preferences, Network.

Hence, I do not know what to do now to make it actually work. BTW, it is entirely possible that all three methods gives rise to a PCI entry, I did not look on the other two attempts, as I was after the end point, of a working Wifi card.

Thanks for the reply - especially from work, I too am just taking 5 min out.

Yes, that's correct, I used the BCM4532.kext from toleda's repo.

I previously tried the ProBookARPT.zip (and kext therein), as well as the PBI DSDT patch described previously.

As yet, while I get the card to be seen as a PCI device, it does not appear in the available Wifi cards from System Preferences, Network.

Hence, I do not know what to do now to make it actually work. BTW, it is entirely possible that all three methods gives rise to a PCI entry, I did not look on the other two attempts, as I was after the end point, of a working Wifi card.

Thanks for the reply - especially from work, I too am just taking 5 min out.

I really need to READ CAREFULLY.

I discovered that the fix is only for ML 10.8.5, and I had 10.8.2. Consequently, I did not have the necessary Plugins in IO80211Family.kext.

Once I realized, I did the Combo update without issue, and the card then worked (almost) OOB, inasmuch as I did not have to reinstall the Probook kext again (which I assume is still present). For the record, the 4 Airport texts present are AirPortAtheros40, AirPortBrcm4331, AirPortBrcm4360 and AppleAirPortBrcm43224.kext.

I'm really pleased, as I now have an internal card working, rather than two USB stubs!

Thanks all who helped (directly or in the past, in creating the various kexts and patches).

Can I please ask if the new versions of these can be put in the Dowloads section?... Sorry if thats a noob question.

Back