Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta): Ivy bridge support

Code:
# in Terminal
bdmesg|head -n 1

It says: Chameleon 2.2svn (svn-r2250)
So, why I'm still seeing the tonymacx86 logo and not the lizard chameleon logo in the bootloader screen?

Thanks!

It says: Chameleon 2.2svn (svn-r2250)
So, why I'm still seeing the tonymacx86 logo and not the lizard chameleon logo in the bootloader screen?

Thanks!

You're using Chameleon boot loader with tmx theme. Themes are just the bitmap graphics/layout constraints for display -- can be anything.

Beta 14 is up!

Please, read the changelog, it contains important information.

Do i need this for my i5 4530s? One thing ive noticed is my system definition doesnt exist anymore. I can only chose from a late '11 13"?

Do i need this for my i5 4530s? One thing ive noticed is my system definition doesnt exist anymore. I can only chose from a late '11 13"?

What do you mean by this "doesn't exist"? You don't have /Extra/smbios.plist anymore (for some reason) or you're not sure what definition to choose from the Installer?

What do you mean by this "doesn't exist"? You don't have /Extra/smbios.plist anymore (for some reason) or you're not sure what definition to choose from the Installer?

I remember early/late model being dependant on the serial number. Perhaps random generator is destroying that relation. It should be easy to test tough, using known working serials.

I remember early/late model being dependant on the serial number. Perhaps random generator is destroying that relation. It should be easy to test tough, using known working serials.

Yes, they should be dependant, as far as I know, the second two symbols of the serial is the model kind (early, late, etc.) and the next symbol is the week of production and this logic is already implemented in the generator. Is your presumption that the current logic could be wrong (yes, there is a possibility to be wrong)?

Currently, the ProBook Installer generates serial that is always Late 2011 ('G') for Sandy and Early 2012 ('H') for Ivy models.

I don't see a problem here.

You're using Chameleon boot loader with tmx theme. Themes are just the bitmap graphics/layout constraints for display -- can be anything.

Thank you RM. :D

Yes, they should be dependant, as far as I know, the second two symbols of the serial is the model kind (early, late, etc.) and the next symbol is the week of production and this logic is already implemented in the generator. Is your presumption that the current logic could be wrong (yes, there is a possibility to be wrong)?

philip_petev, have you added the others color profiles provided by mr-andrek in this PBI version?

Thanks!

Back