Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta): Ivy bridge support

installed update via Software updater from 10.8.3, but forgot to repair permissions an run probookinstaller.
now i cant get back into System black Screen.
tried several flags but nothing happened.
any suggestions?
probook 4530s

What software updates did you apply?
Can you boot your HDD partition via Unibeast USB?

Only 10.8.4 Update . I can get to chimera but after the spinning Wheel there is this Black screen when Mac OS should Show up.

Only 10.8.4 Update . I can get to chimera but after the spinning Wheel there is this Black screen when Mac OS should Show up.

You probably have other issues with your install other than what might have been caused by the update. When I did my 10.8.4 update, I did restart without doing anything with the ProBook Installer. Partially because I was pretty sure it would work (because I had already looked at the update via Pacifist) and partially just to see what would happen. I had no issue booting and did not have to boot with any flags. The only issues were expected: no audio, no battery status. After rebooting I was able to install backups (and/or run ProBook Installer) to get these functions back.

So... because you're experiencing issues more serious than lack of audio/battery status, it probably points to more serious issues with your setup prior to the update... I suggest you do a fresh install.

You probably have other issues with your install other than what might have been caused by the update. When I did my 10.8.4 update, I did restart without doing anything with the ProBook Installer. Partially because I was pretty sure it would work (because I had already looked at the update via Pacifist) and partially just to see what would happen. I had no issue booting and did not have to boot with any flags. The only issues were expected: no audio, no battery status. After rebooting I was able to install backups (and/or run ProBook Installer) to get these functions back.

So... because you're experiencing issues more serious than lack of audio/battery status, it probably points to more serious issues with your setup prior to the update... I suggest you do a fresh install.

I did the same thing, even installed the update via Software Update just for fun. I can confirm, on the next boot the only missing things will be the audio and the battery status, but they will be available again, once he have run the ProBook Installer beta12.

I did the same thing, even installed the update via Software Update just for fun. I can confirm, on the next boot the only missing things will be the audio and the battery status, but they will be available again, once he have run the ProBook Installer beta12.

Just to clarify, I did my update via Software Update (appstore) as well... Like philip said, "just for fun." I have several installations so I was able to try both support.apple.com and the appstore method. Either will work, and the system will still boot after... This is because AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext was not updated with this release, so you don't end up with a system that won't boot.

So, if someone has booting issues post-update from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4, there were other (perhaps hidden) problems with their install prior to the update. Probably a rebuild of kextcache exposes the problems and then blame is placed on the update.

I am running Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on ProBook 4530s. My touchpad works just fine if I install ProBook Installer v6. But if I install v6.1 (tried beta 9, 11, 12) my touchpad doesn't work smoothly. Am I the only one having this problem?

I am running Mountain Lion 10.8.3 on ProBook 4530s. My touchpad works just fine if I install ProBook Installer v6. But if I install v6.1 (tried beta 9, 11, 12) my touchpad doesn't work smoothly. Am I the only one having this problem?

When you say "smoothly" you mean moving speed is slow? If so, just change it from the System Preferences, Mouse and adjust the Tracking Speed.

EDIT: sorry I meant System Preferences, then Trackpad.

Did you try EC reset? shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back.

Also be sure you repair permissions & rebuild cache before you reboot on any system change.

I've updated to 10.8.4 and used the installer and i'd like to point out my experiences.

Since the update bluetooth no longer works on boot. (Yes I have a DSDT made with macasl using Rehab's repo).

I tried hwmontior and it told me there's a newer version. (Just an FYI so you can add it to the next version)

I realised after using the installer my laptop has reverted back to fn combo. I hate that and i'm sure im probably not the only one.
Can you please re-add that option to the installer for those of us who don't want the fn combo as default. Or at least tell us how to change it.

I realised after using the installer my laptop has reverted back to fn combo. I hate that and i'm sure im probably not the only one.
Can you please re-add that option to the installer for those of us who don't want the fn combo as default. Or at least tell us how to change it.

Since VoodooPS2Controller 1.7.9 you can use the option System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Use All F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys. to change the behavior of these keys. You can even change it on-the-fly with Ctrl+PrtSc since version 1.8.1. ProBook Installer 6.1b12 contains VoodooPS2Controller.kext 1.8.4

Back