Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta): Ivy bridge support

BT: What do you see in System Info -> Hardware -> Bluetooth? Did you check system.log to see that IOath3kfrmwr.kext loaded firmware successfully? Are you running with any patched BT or USB kexts?

How did you install originally? Have you tried a fresh install?

May be you can share with me by yours iobluetoothfamily.kext? May be it will help??

yes, i just installed 10.8.2 and updated it to 10.8.4 and run installer 6.1 beta 12... yes, IOath3kfrmwr.kext loaded firmwasuccessfullyre successfully, no other kexts....only update and istaller!

I installed from usb flash drive my os 10.8.2 ....it was bought in appstore!!

in console i can read: kernel: **** [AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport] [configurePM] - error

Are you sure you have BT enabled in BIOS?

Also realize that BT takes a while after sleep to turn itself on -- the first couple attempts to start are not successful. Check in System Information -> Hardware -> Bluetooth after waiting a bit after sleep (30 sec should be plenty).

- - - Updated - - -

May be you can share with me by yours iobluetoothfamily.kext? May be it will help??

You should have vanilla kext if you just did a fresh install, so no need to share it...

thanks everyone.

just a side note, usb3 kext from the developer is updated to 1.2.3

the probook installer version shows 1.2.1

www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286860-genericusbxhci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/#entry1894572
Edit [June 5 2013]: Release 1.2.3

• Improved handling of bios semaphore for legacy USB - eliminates a problem that causes some bioses to crash during sleep.
  • Made sequence for entering sleep mode more robust and safer.
  • Eliminated potential memory corruption if xhci commands time out.
  • Eliminated some potential memory leaks, fixed some minor bugs, made some minor optimizations and added a bit more logging.

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta 12)

installer61b12.png

Changelog:

Version 6.1 beta 12 ( June 10th 2013):

- Added 10.8.4 support for both 4x30s and 4x40s models.

Download: View attachment 58515

MD5: d0705aadfa4afe2fb04d2d61704317ca ProBookInstaller61b12.pkg

NOTE: this Installer can be used for the 4x30s ProBooks as well, it has the same functionality and the same 4x30s content as the ProBook Installer 6.

ProBook Installer 6/6.1 sources

ProBook Installer historical archive

Are you sure you have BT enabled in BIOS?

Also realize that BT takes a while after sleep to turn itself on -- the first couple attempts to start are not successful. Check in System Information -> Hardware -> Bluetooth after waiting a bit after sleep (30 sec should be plenty).

- - - Updated - - -

You should have vanilla kext if you just did a fresh install, so no need to share it...

Thanks for info, i fix it by installing iobluetoothfamily.kext from 10.7.4....and now it works cool!

Just for feedback,

I downloaded and installed the 10.8.4 update (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1658) on my existing 10.8.3 installation, and used the latest (beta 12) Probook Installer here to install the OS X Support Kexts for 10.8.4. Repaired permissions, rebuilt kext cache, rebooted.

It went great! Everything fine here.

Excellent work! :clap:

Thank you all.

feedback for b12.

on an existing 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 install, all went smooth, so far no issues. thanks!

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta 12)

Download: View attachment 58515

MD5: d0705aadfa4afe2fb04d2d61704317ca ProBookInstaller61b12.pkg

NOTE: this Installer can be used for the 4x30s ProBooks as well, it has the same functionality and the same 4x30s content as the ProBook Installer 6.

ProBook Installer 6/6.1 sources

ProBook Installer historical archive

edit.
Subject: 4x40s and 10.8.4

hi noob questions.

looking at doing a fresh install on a 4x40s for a friend, havent yet ordered it ,and will be using fresh 10.8.4 from app store and the current b12 installer, or whatever the version it is by the time its delivered.

i guess the intel wifi won't be working, do we need to order a specific atheros one from hp?

does 16gb work in the 4x40s?

anything else to watch out for?

i've been reading through

and if it helps to focus, i've started a mini topic specific to 4x40s here at

i'll prob update it with a mini write up after doing a fresh install on a 4x40s

The updates for this kext are provided by RehabMan's fork, we don't use the original kext.

And I'll probably wait a while before doing a build. Right now, Zenith is doing a commit for each of the last three days. So I might wait until he does the next release, or at least the code stabilizes somewhat.

Anyone that wants to run the latest can simply build from my repo.

On top of that, Mieze has released a new RealtekRTL8111, but I'm still working on resolving SMB performance issues that affect (at least) the 4x30s. And would like to get those issues resolved before putting out another build.

installed update via Software updater from 10.8.3, but forgot to repair permissions an run probookinstaller.
now i cant get back into System black Screen.
tried several flags but nothing happened.
any suggestions?
probook 4530s

Back