Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta): Ivy bridge support

Can you please re-post a download link for Installer 6.1beta4, which I know that works without SSDT generator problem?

That DSDT doesn't have the atheros 9280 patch, so without it, you have no WiFi... You must have forgot to select it.

Thank you both.

So, I:

1. Deleted DSDT.aml and ssdt.aml from /Extra.
2. Rebooted with dsdt=no.
3. Ran Installer 6.1 b5. *this time selected the atheros patch*.
4. Rebooted, wifi now working.

Still quite slow to boot though, 70 secs. See video: http://youtu.be/yILzeEitGkY

Also, what is that at boot, after the Chimera logo..
Unable to handle key HLB
Unable to handle key ROM
Unable to handle key LocationServicesEnabled
Unable to handle key boot-????

Thank you both.

So, I:

1. Deleted DSDT.aml and ssdt.aml from /Extra.
2. Rebooted with dsdt=no.
3. Ran Installer 6.1 b5. *this time selected the atheros patch*.
4. Rebooted, wifi now working.

Still quite slow to boot though, 70 secs. See video: http://youtu.be/yILzeEitGkY

Also, what is that at boot, after the Chimera logo..
Unable to handle key HLB
Unable to handle key ROM
Unable to handle key LocationServicesEnabled
Unable to handle key boot-????

I can't tell you anything about the slow boot, but these messages are from Chimera 2 and they are harmless, I have them too.

Guys, I've just updated the package, now the SSDT generator should work and the patchmatic tool is updated. If you have previously downloaded package, check your md5 hashes and if they are different from the one on post 1, download the package again.

Guys, I've just updated the package, now the SSDT generator should work and the patchmatic tool is updated. If you have previously downloaded package, check your md5 hashes and if they are different from the one on post 1, download the package again.

Ok, I'm downloading it now.
Quick question: What exactly is the ssdt for? I mean, I have a fully working system without it (same geekbench score like before and no problmes at all).

Thanks!

Ok, I'm downloading it now.
Quick question: What is the ssdt for? I mean, I have a fully working system without it (same geekbench score like before and no problmes at all).

Thanks!
Not sure about Sandy, but for Ivy it enables speedstep and turbo, otherwise you have just 2 states (min and max).

Not sure about Sandy, but for Ivy it enables speedstep and turbo, otherwise you have just 2 states (min and max).

How can I check if I have speedstep and turbo?

Thanks!

How can I check if I have speedstep and turbo?

Thanks!

The easiest way is to use SJ_UnderWater's DPCIManager. Copy it in your Applications folder, start it and use the P States button on the toolbar to see all the PStates your CPU has reached.

The easiest way is to use SJ_UnderWater's DPCIManager. Copy it in your Applications folder, start it and use the P States button on the toolbar to see all the PStates your CPU has reached.

It says: P State 8, 29 and Current State: 8

EDIT: sometimes it also says: P State 8 and Current State: 8 or P State 29 and Current State: 29

Is that ok?

Thanks!

It says: P States 8, 29 and Current State: 8

Is that ok?

Thanks!

Run it again, but this time do something to simulate activity (go to Launchpad, then open and close all groups you have there, start or stop some programs, you may even make one GeekBench run) and then see if these are the only states you get.
You have SSDT.aml installed in /Extra, right?

Edit: with my current SSDT.aml (generated by the SSDT generator inside the ProBook Installer), I get these states for my CPU: 4/8/13 4:37:48 PM, P States: 8, 11, 15, 19, 22, 26

Back