Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta): Ivy bridge support

Hey philip_petev, I've attached my SSDT.aml for i5-3210M. It's working great and I have been testing it for about 4 days now and there is no errors. It is generated by ssdtPRGen. I duplicated the last P-State and now, I'm getting these P-States:
Code:
12 16 25 26 27 28 29 31
If you want to add it to the installer, it would be a great addition.
View attachment 46210

Nice, but did you tried the latest SSDT generator script by Pike (currently in v3.3)? I think the lowest P-State doesn't need to be duplicated anymore.

Yes, I've tried it and it's giving me the same results and the same P-States.
I've attached the one from version 3.3 but, no performance difference between the two.
View attachment 46227
how can u share me your folder "extra". I have a hardware same too u: HP 4540s I5 3210m, thanks

How far progressed is this installer? I'm a computer novice and last time I installed ML on 4530 it took me something like two or three days to get everything working in order. I have no replacement and I need my 4540 as a fully functional laptop for my work. What are my chances of installing ML at this point and getting everything to work?

Thanks for replies!

Thank you.

Guys, we have a new lab rat! Please, test it (better with a clean install) and provide feedback.

There is a bug if you select HWMonitor from Tools... the installer will fail if you select it.

Problem can be seen here:

Screen Shot 2013-03-20 at 1.43.50 PM.png

tmp/Apps is empty and HWMonitor.app ends up in /tmp...
(same w/ HWMonitor_SL)

Note: Same issue with TrimEnabler.

Guys, we have a new lab rat! Please, test it (better with a clean install) and provide feedback.

Really nice, philip! I'm going to create my new Unibeast USB ML 10.8.3 for a fresh install.
I will provide you feedback as soon as possible.
P.S. Is possible to merge the two threads (HP ProBook Installer 6 and HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta))? To avoid any kind of confusion.

Thanks!

Back