HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (6.1.13r3)

1606607189097.png

Download: ProBook Installer 6.1.13r3.zip
Mirror

MD5: a6a3cdcde7738b2d7093c43e744bb35b ProBook Installer 6.1.13r3.pkg

Download: HP ProBook Installer 6.1.pkg.zip
Mirror

MD5: ec4985f324cea5e71b7f658c879b67b0 HP ProBook Installer 6.1.pkg

ProBook Installer 6/6.1 sources (now @ GitHub)

ProBook Installer historical archive

For best results, please follow these guides:
Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook
Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook
Guide to Installing Lion on HP Probook
Guide to Installing Snow Leopard on HP Probook

If you're not sure about the meaning of the options inside the Installer, check the HP ProBook Installer quick reference guide.

Changelog (last update: March 2nd 2014)

Last edited by a moderator:
HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta): Ivy bridge support

Good news! :thumbup:
Thanks for your work, it will save us a lot of time and nerve cells!

And what about sandy bridge cpus in new hm75 chipset? What to choose while install?
I'll try again to install ML with this installer on my 4740s with i3-2370, have no success mounth ago. Maybe this time get more luck.

As I said, the current 4x40s support is very limited, but in order to make the system fully operational, you should select at least your version (which is currently limited to 10.8.2 only or OS X Support kexts/4x40s/Mountain Lion/10.8.2), one DSDT, depending of the CPU you have (is it Sandy or Ivy and is your display is stock or 1080p) and one system definition (MacBookPro8,x if your CPU is Sandy or MacBookPro9,x/10,x if it's Ivy). The only thing, which doesn't work like it should so far is the native Ivy Bridge Speedstep (for both desktop and mobile Ivy CPUs), it's currently work in progress, so probably you will not have such. All other options can be used with both the 4x30s and the 4x40s model with some exceptions:

1. I don't think you'll need the AHCI patch, theoretically it should be harmless for the 4x40s platform as it only creates a loading delay for IOAHCIFamily.kext, but it's related to a bug, which can be seen only on the 4x30s ProBooks.
2. Same for the Graphics glitch fix, another 4x30s-related fix.
3. According to this, the EDID generator should work on a 4x40s model with Sandy Bridge CPU (HD3000), but I'm not sure how will work on a model with Ivy Bridge CPU (HD4000).

1. I don't think you'll need the AHCI patch, theoretically it should be harmless for the 4x40s platform as it only creates a loading delay for IOAHCIFamily.kext, but it's related to a bug, which can be seen only on the 4x30s ProBooks.
I have that bug on the 4x40s and fixed it using your patch.

I have that bug on the 4x40s and fixed it using your patch.

Yeah, I think the AHCI thing happens everywhere. It really depends more on the HDD/SSD that you're booting from more than other factors.

I'm running 10.8.0 on 4540s Ivy i7-3612qm..

I'm running 10.8.0 on 4540s Ivy i7-3612qm..

I think you could use the 10.8.2 for 10.8 as well, as far as I know, the kexts have backward compatibility. Of course, this is beta test, so if you don't want to risk your current installation, you can make another one in a separate partition and test the installer on it.

Is there a list of what each item includes - such as in the summary box know what kexts are installed with what selection?

Is there a list of what each item includes - such as in the summary box know what kexts are installed with what selection?

List? What kind of list? It's pretty simple: the first four group are mandatory, and they are separated on two gubgroups, one for 4x30s and one for 4x40s. You have to chose your version (10.8.2 only for the 4x40s), one DSDT (depending if you have stock or 1080p display), one SSDT (they are only two for now) and one system definition (MacBookPro9,x and MacBookPro10,x). The rest groups are optional, you really don't need them (in the most cases) to make a fully functional OS.

If you want to know what is inside and what the various scripts do, best way is to examine the PKG with Pacifist.

Back