Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

I did what I said a couple of posts up. Replaced my ssdt.aml with the edited one.

Something has changed, but it still doesn't boot. Now the screen doesn't go black anymore. When I boot the grey screen with the spinning wheel just stops. Nothing happens.

If I boot -v it stops with a line saying Resetting IOCatalogue

Booting -x -v ends with the same line, the same way.

Thanks for all your help, but this is apparently going nowhere...

Plan B is to reinstall and keep booting from my install usbkey with -x. That worked. But it seems impossible for me to boot from the internal hd.

Edit:

Have just ordered replacement cpu i3 2350 from eBay. Will put this on hold until it arrives. Hopefully it will work with supported cpu and graphics in place.

Thanks for all the help. It has been educational :)

I did what I said a couple of posts up. Replaced my ssdt.aml with the edited one.

Something has changed, but it still doesn't boot. Now the screen doesn't go black anymore. When I boot the grey screen with the spinning wheel just stops. Nothing happens.

If I boot -v it stops with a line saying Resetting IOCatalogue

Booting -x -v ends with the same line, the same way.

Thanks for all your help, but this is apparently going nowhere...

Plan B is to reinstall and keep booting from my install usbkey with -x. That worked. But it seems impossible for me to boot from the internal hd.

Edit:

Have just ordered replacement cpu i3 2350 from eBay. Will put this on hold until it arrives. Hopefully it will work with supported cpu and graphics in place.

Thanks for all the help. It has been educational :)

Boot verbose and show quality photo of entire screen. Also, post your smbios.plist, org.chameleon.boot.plist, and *.aml from your /Extra folder.

Note: I'm not certain with disabled graphics drivers, and a broken screen whether the VESA drivers will display on an external monitor (BTW, how is the external monitor connected?). Suggestion: If you want a desktop computer, you might consider building one.

The external monitor is connected with hdmi. The internal lcd is completely broken and does not show anything. I plan to use it as a desktop.

I have given up, reinstalled Mountain Lion and am currently booting with the installer usb with -x. It works for now. I have ordered a replacement cpu from eBay, and will reinstall when it arrives. Hopefully I can then follow the guide without any issues.

Thanks for all your help!

Any chance of a Yosemite upgrade for the 4530s?

OK! So my replacement cpu has arrived. I have installed it and checked in BIOS that it really is an i3 2.3GHz this time.

I have tried this:

I have been running Mountain Lion, booting from the installer USB since I gave up. I have not run any ProBook Installer on that. Today I ran the PBI with all the suggested settings. It succeeded.

I can now boot it without the -x option. It boots with and Apple-logo showing, but when the login should appear, the screen goes to sleep. I suppose it switches to the internal lcd for login, but that is broken and I cannot use that.

I can login to the computer using vnc from my macbook, and I checked out the display settings. The strange this, is that it actually shows my Dell 19" monitor as the screen. It doesn't show the internal lcd at all, no mirror or extend functions.

How can I get the installation to use only my external monitor?

OK! So my replacement cpu has arrived. I have installed it and checked in BIOS that it really is an i3 2.3GHz this time.

I have tried this:

I have been running Mountain Lion, booting from the installer USB since I gave up. I have not run any ProBook Installer on that. Today I ran the PBI with all the suggested settings. It succeeded.

I can now boot it without the -x option. It boots with and Apple-logo showing, but when the login should appear, the screen goes to sleep. I suppose it switches to the internal lcd for login, but that is broken and I cannot use that.

I can login to the computer using vnc from my macbook, and I checked out the display settings. The strange this, is that it actually shows my Dell 19" monitor as the screen. It doesn't show the internal lcd at all, no mirror or extend functions.

How can I get the installation to use only my external monitor?

Try using a desktop snb-platform-id.

I got it working. In a way...

If I do not press Fn+F4 at boot for the external display to show the HP logo + boot process, it works. The screen stays black, until the logonscreen appears. Then the screen wakes up and everything works.

If I press Fn+F4 at boot the screen goes to sleep when the loginscreen should have appeared.

I can live with that!

Thanks for all the help!

Kext removed and here is the image of the tree I am pasting from:
View attachment 45729
Code:
[B]USB High-Speed Bus:[/B]

Host Controller Location:    Built-in USB
  Host Controller Driver:    AppleUSBEHCI
  PCI Device ID:    0x1e26 
  PCI Revision ID:    0x0004 
  PCI Vendor ID:    0x8086 
  Bus Number:    0x1d 

[B]Hub:[/B]

Product ID:    0x0024
  Vendor ID:    0x8087  (Intel Corporation)
  Version:     0.00
  Speed:    Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Location ID:    0x1d100000 / 2
  Current Available (mA):    500
  Current Required (mA):    0

[B]Bluetooth USB Host Controller:[/B]

Product ID:    0x3002
  Vendor ID:    0x0cf3  (Atheros Communications, Inc.)
  Version:     0.01
  Speed:    Up to 12 Mb/sec
  Location ID:    0x1d160000 / 3
  Current Required (mA):    100

and the second

Code:
[B]USB High-Speed Bus:[/B]

Host Controller Location:    Built-in USB
  Host Controller Driver:    AppleUSBEHCI
  PCI Device ID:    0x7f9800001e2d 
  PCI Revision ID:    0x7f9800000004 
  PCI Vendor ID:    0x7f9800008086 
  Bus Number:    0x1a 

[B]Hub:[/B]

Product ID:    0x0024
  Vendor ID:    0x8087  (Intel Corporation)
  Version:     0.00
  Location ID:    0x1a100000 / 2
  Current Required (mA):    0

[B]Vendor-Specific Device:[/B]

Product ID:    0x003d
  Vendor ID:    0x138a
  Version:     1.04
  Serial Number:    00a0e44f0c8d
  Speed:    Up to 12 Mb/sec
  Location ID:    0x1a110000 / 4
  Current Required (mA):    Unknown (Device has not been configured)

[B]HP HD Webcam [Fixed]:[/B]

Product ID:    0x2c2a
  Vendor ID:    0x1bcf  (Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc.)
  Version:    24.02
  Manufacturer:    DDEJL019I3M5G1
  Location ID:    0x1a130000 / 3
  Current Required (mA):    500

What exactly is it that IOath3kfrmwr does again?

How did you get that HP HD Webcam fixed? Is it another device? My webcam in the HP laptop looks the same as your vendor specific device and I'm wondering whether you got it working?

How did you get that HP HD Webcam fixed? Is it another device? My webcam in the HP laptop looks the same as your vendor specific device and I'm wondering whether you got it working?

Cameras that don't show serial#'s are problematic.

Back