Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta): Ivy bridge support

b15 feedback 4x30s. bluetooth doesn't work now.

system is now less snappy or responsive ( i havent changed the system, apart from the changes from each updated beta probook installer)

Hello guys, is there some updates to get working the VGA port on probook 4530s ?

Thank a lot

system is now less snappy or responsive ( i havent changed the system, apart from the changes from each updated beta probook installer)

Bluetooth work only on fresh boot. Just shut dow and turn on and try to pair your device/mouse.

Dario

Nothing has changed for BT. Are you sure?

I think you're just seeing things... Perhaps you are seeing the results of spotlight re-index.

Hello guys, is there some updates to get working the VGA port on probook 4530s ?

Thank a lot

VGA works on the ProBook 4530s in ML thanks to patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext included in the ProBook Installer.

With VGA, you have to do "Detect Displays" in SysPrefs -> Displays. Hold the Option key (Windows key) down to have ML show you the "Detect Displays" button.

Nothing has changed for BT. Are you sure?

I think you're just seeing things... Perhaps you are seeing the results of spotlight re-index.

Yep sure. I tried probook installer b15 again, then onyx maintenance, then cleanmymac cleaner, did ec reset, then i lost the wifi, but the bt was working. i'm definitely seeing things as it doesnt seem to be random.

i'm not sure if spotlight was doing anything while i was launching safari, but it does seem unusual.

shutdown time is longer.

i'll try and do another dsdt again

update. just did a shutdown and power on. this time both wifi and bt works.

Yep sure. I tried probook installer b15 again, then onyx maintenance, then cleanmymac cleaner,

I wonder why you use those tools??? I never trust that kind of thing... not on Windows and not on Mac. I just can't see running some software (where source is not provided) which 'cleans' things... without knowing exactly what the heck it is doing...

I wonder why you use those tools??? I never trust that kind of thing... not on Windows and not on Mac. I just can't see running some software (where source is not provided) which 'cleans' things... without knowing exactly what the heck it is doing...

yeh you are right about it. what other choice do we, 'noobs', have apart from not using it for house keeping.

ccleaner and cleanmymac was recommended by a broad user base on win/mac. onyx i stumbled across while trying to fix a problem on the mac (some kind of function/feature that was on sl but was hidden on ml like the 'quit' finder.

have not yet seen any odd bit of claims of maliscious things from those 'cleaning' tools, maybe someone knows how to google it?

just did done another shutdown reboot and both the bt and wifi are working. thanks everyone.

btw will hwmonitor be updated? everytime it checks for updates, it seems to be ahead of the probook installer.

I did a diff against them and they were quite different, but went ahead and copied the Lion versions of Platforms.xml and layout12.xml into my SL AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources.

And... it works.

Cool! I've just updated the SL kext (along with the other updates: FakeSMC.kext + HWMonitor, GenericUSBXHCI.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext)

yeh you are right about it. what other choice do we, 'noobs', have apart from not using it for house keeping.

I used to be a Windows PC repair technician (now I'm just a mother of 2 kids) and I can tell you now these "cleaning" programs are useless. They only make your system worse (corrupting software, registry etc). I don't even use an antivirus, whether on Windows or Mac.

Whether a noob or an expert, it doesn't take much to realise that you only need to avoid bad sites (downloading pirated stuff, t*****ts, adult content, etc.)

There's nothing wrong with the Probook Installer. And you don't need to "clean" anything, especially on a Mac.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back