Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Here are the screenshots.

Picture one is from Mountain Lion made with unibeast. The ML installer is my own, downloaded from the App Store. I see som messages about read error, but I have used two other usb-sticks, and they both show the same. Don't know what to make of it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdfer132stddy7s/IMG_0001.JPG?dl=0

Picture 2 is of Yosemite with clover install. Yosemite installer is also downloaded through the App Store and also tried on three different usb-sticks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbw8rwqr7zh240t/IMG_0002.JPG?dl=0

From what I see on this forum, this machine (HP 4530S) should be easy to hackintosh. I don't understand why none of my installs are getting anywhere.

Try plugging in an HDMI monitor. Also, be patient. Booting the OS X installer from USB on a hack is not quick.

I don't have an hdmi monitor. I have tried with a vga-monitor with the same result. I have left the Mountain Lion install on with the ethernet line until the computer switched off by itself. When I boot the Yosemite installer the fan stops after a while and the light on the usb-key shuts down.

I am at a loss and I think I will have to give up this project.

I don't have an hdmi monitor. I have tried with a vga-monitor with the same result. I have left the Mountain Lion install on with the ethernet line until the computer switched off by itself. When I boot the Yosemite installer the fan stops after a while and the light on the usb-key shuts down.

I am at a loss and I think I will have to give up this project.

OS X does not supported VGA natively. If attempting an external monitor, you need to use HDMI.

That was it! My lcd on the laptop is broken, so I have to use an external monitor. I have borrowed an hdmi-monitor for this experiment.

I have gotten quite a bit longer, but still no cigar.

I managed to run through the installer, rebooted and booted off the usbkey. Selected my freshly installed HD and booted.

It boots, the arrow shows in the top left corner, and then turns into a spinning beachball. Nothing else happens. I left it like this for over an hour, then the laptop had gone to sleep with a blinking powerlight. I started it again, and got returned to a black screen. Still with a spinning beach ball.

I thought that I might have more luck with the cloverinstall of yosemite now, but exactly the same happens here.

It feels like I'm getting close now.

Is there something I can try?

That was it! My lcd on the laptop is broken, so I have to use an external monitor. I have borrowed an hdmi-monitor for this experiment.

I have gotten quite a bit longer, but still no cigar.

I managed to run through the installer, rebooted and booted off the usbkey. Selected my freshly installed HD and booted.

It boots, the arrow shows in the top left corner, and then turns into a spinning beachball. Nothing else happens. I left it like this for over an hour, then the laptop had gone to sleep with a blinking powerlight. I started it again, and got returned to a black screen. Still with a spinning beach ball.

I thought that I might have more luck with the cloverinstall of yosemite now, but exactly the same happens here.

It feels like I'm getting close now.

Is there something I can try?

Plug in a USB keyboard/mouse. Make sure you're using the correct options in the ProBook Installer.

I am running with both usb keyboard and mouse. I dont't understand, isn't the probook installer supposed to do it's thing after I reach the desktop? I never get to desktop, so I never get to run probook installer. I have made an installation usbkey with unibeast for mavericks and mountain lion, and clover for yosemite.

?

I am running with both usb keyboard and mouse. I dont't understand, isn't the probook installer supposed to do it's thing after I reach the desktop? I never get to desktop, so I never get to run probook installer. I have made an installation usbkey with unibeast for mavericks and mountain lion, and clover for yosemite.

?

Try booting -x.

Closer and closer :thumbup:

Now I can run through the setupwizard and I can run the probook installer. I selected all the options from the guide for my model and it starts to install.

The progress bar runs almost all the way through, and right before the end it fails. It says "Installation Failed" with a message to contact the developer.

Closer and closer :thumbup:

Now I can run through the setupwizard and I can run the probook installer. I selected all the options from the guide for my model and it starts to install.

The progress bar runs almost all the way through, and right before the end it fails. It says "Installation Failed" with a message to contact the developer.

Read the RED text at post #1 in the guide.

Which guide are you referring to? I can't find any red text...

Back