Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta): Ivy bridge support

philip, I think it can be added. "Normal" (basic) users, possibly, will never use it, but advanced users, may be.
BTW, I know you want to wait for the other 2, but if you have already updated all the RM kext builds in the installer, it can be a good idea to release the beta 6 to give us (testers) the possibility to test it (bugs, incompatibilities etc..); that's why RM gave priority to update just the kexts used in the installer.
What do you think?

Thanks!

I think it would be great to get an updated v6.1b6 before my next update to GenericUSB/Realtek. Those can come later in v6.1b7. That was my intention in pushing the updates to the other projects now (main motivation/blocking bug was the SL bug w/ VoodooPS2). The others are going to take a while, and given the fact that I'm going to be putting all my computer equipment in boxes and moving soon, it might take me a while to get back to my projects.

@philip_petev,

Did you notice my updates to the patch repo (forgot to run 'make' last time), and "official" build of patchmatic?

Yes, I saw them and they are already inside.

I think it would be great to get an updated v6.1b6 before my next update to GenericUSB/Realtek. Those can come later in v6.1b7. That was my intention in pushing the updates to the other projects now (main motivation/blocking bug was the SL bug w/ VoodooPS2). The others are going to take a while, and given the fact that I'm going to be putting all my computer equipment in boxes and moving soon, it might take me a while to get back to my projects.

Ok, I'm starting to assemble it.

philip, after a fresh 10.8.3 install, using probook installer 6.1b6, it can't complete the installation because something is wrong with the ssdt creator. It don't create the ssdt file in the Extra folder. And if I select only the ssdt option in the installer, the installation fail.

Can you check please?

Thanks!

RehabMan, after a fresh 10.8.3 install, using probook installer 6.1b6, it can't complete the installation because something is wrong with the ssdt creator. It don't create the ssdt file in the Extra folder. And if I select only the ssdt option in the installer, the installation fail.

Can you check please?

Thanks!

philip, after a fresh 10.8.3 install, using probook installer 6.1b6, it can't complete the installation because something is wrong with the ssdt creator. It don't create the ssdt file in the Extra folder. And if I select only the ssdt option in the installer, the installation fail.

Can you check please?

Thanks!

Provide your /var/log/install.log

Back