AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 8 GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can't boot into the os without "ahci patch" but the installer is getting there. I used the b2 installer and tried to boot and got still waiting for root, installed the ahci patch and everything works just fine bluetooth, wifi, sleep/wake, pstates, hwmonitor readings, ect.

Motherboard
HP-4540S
CPU
i5-3210M
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I tried installer too here's what I would change:

org.chameleon.Boot.plist - GenerateCstates and GeneratePstates have no meaning in our case as per RehabMan's source code research

Extensions:
I would remove following kexts from 10.8 part of the installer:

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB - no longer needed
IOUSBFamily
IOUSBMassStorageClass - 10.8 kernel needs latest USB version to work properly

update following:
AppleHDA - with 10.8 version posted by Eleron post #29
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement -
IO80211Family - with 10.8 versions from post #16

IOath3kfrmwr - it's hit and miss for me. Perhaps kext needs recompiling with the latest Xcode for 10.8 ?

Rest is working fine to me. I use manually Chameleon and original Realtek installer.

Motherboard
macBook Pro 10,1 Retina, MacBook Pro 9,1. Probook 4530s
CPU
i7, i7, i7, i3
Graphics
Nivida GeForce GT 650M, HD 4000, HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey BigDonkey, is this the original? Can I delete AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB from the installation?

HDMI is working this but VGA will not and also there is a delay when opening finder or safari where the page stay white for around 5-6 seconds. I also had a little problem with sleep when closing the lid. Fan stayed on and had to power cycle.
Tegezee I have ML all working with all the kexts you need for your installer. Let me know if you want me to send you my kexts pack to test.

Motherboard
gigabyte x299x designare 10g
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks guys, what's up with not being able to boot into the os without "ahci patch"?

Here is the
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
# Patch IOAHCIBlockStorage to delay its start by 200ms.  This delay avoids
# a timing bug which can otherwise cause the AHCI identify command to fail.
# This bug manifests itself as a "Still waiting for root device" error at boot
# time under OSX 10.8.
# This patch works on 10.8 developer preview 4 and GM releases
#
# Copyright (c) 2012 B.C. <bcc24x7@gmail.com> (bcc9 at insanely-mac.com). 

kext_dir=/System/Library/Extensions
cd $kext_dir/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS
sudo mv IOAHCIBlockStorage IOAHCIBlockStorage.orig
sudo cp IOAHCIBlockStorage.orig IOAHCIBlockStorage
#patch relocation table for our patch point - kprintf() -> IOSleep()
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\xeb\x4c\x00\x00\xea\x03|\xeb\x4c\x00\x00\xe8\x01|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
#Make unconditional call to IOSleep(200) at beginning of kext
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x0e\x48\x8d\x3d\xa5\x90\x00\x00|\xbf\xc8\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90\x90\x90|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo touch $kext_dir

Motherboard
HP ProBook 4530s
CPU
i7 - 2670QM
Graphics
HD 3000 / 6490M
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks guys, what's up with not being able to boot into the os without "ahci patch"?

Here is the
Code:
#!/bin/bash
#
# Patch IOAHCIBlockStorage to delay its start by 200ms.  This delay avoids
# a timing bug which can otherwise cause the AHCI identify command to fail.
# This bug manifests itself as a "Still waiting for root device" error at boot
# time under OSX 10.8.
# This patch works on 10.8 developer preview 4 and GM releases
#
# Copyright (c) 2012 B.C. <bcc24x7@gmail.com> (bcc9 at insanely-mac.com). 

kext_dir=/System/Library/Extensions
cd $kext_dir/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\xeb\x4c\x00\x00\xea\x03|\xeb\x4c\x00\x00\xe8\x01|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x0e\x48\x8d\x3d\xa5\x90\x00\x00|\xbf\xc8\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90\x90\x90|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo touch $kext_dir

@Tegezee - Quick off topic question for you. Is your 7470M graphics card support on os x or are you using the hd3000?

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI F4
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ok, here's my feedback:
I've installed ML in my second partition. I already have Chimera 1.11 installed and I'm using it for both my Lion and this installation. Since this is only test installation, I'm booting it up every time with the -f -v kernel flags for debug purposes and just to be sure that all kexts are loaded from their proper locations and not from some cache. After the main installation I ran the ProBook installer with the following options:

OSX Version: 10.8
Ethernet kext installer
CPU SSDTs i3,i5 & i7: i7-2720QM
DSDT for standart screens: 4230s-4530s HD3000 F.20
System Definition: MacBookPro8.2
ScreenBrightness Fix: 100%
Some Extra tools

After the first boot, I got immediately KP on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. The solution was to replace the current kext with the kext from post 16 and this way I've managed to make the first boot without problems. When I booted the installation I found I don't have sound and the solution was to replace the current AppleHDA.kext with the kext from post 30. I found also that the brightness fix needs to be fixed, because the plist is trying to execute /usr/bin/setbrightness and this file is located not in /usr/bin, but in /usr/sbin.

Summary

What works:
CPU - works with the DSDT and the SSDT, provided by the installer
Intel HD3000 graphics - works with the provided by the installer AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.
Bluetooth - works (Edit: works after restart and has disappeared after wake up)
WiFi (Atheros 9285) - works
Card Reader - works
Touchpad - works
Keyboard - works
Webcam - works
Edit: Internal microphone - works

What doesn't:
Battery readings - it shows the battery readings on the menu bar, but in System Information/Power I got There was an error while gathering this information. This is happening with both the vanilla AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext and the one, provided by the installer.

Not tested:
ExpressCard slot - I don't have any ExpressCard adapter.
VGA port - I don't have an external monitor
HDMI port - same thing
Edit: External microphone port

Thanks eleron!
That's completes my installations with all native 10.8 kexts. AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB is no longer needed. HDMI works fine with vanilla kext.

What do you mean "is no longer needed"? When I removed mine, I lost the QE immediately and the display resolution has dropped to 1024x768. I had to restore the kext in /S/L/E in order to get the QE back. And I got the same result with vanilla kext.

Motherboard
gigabyte x299x designare 10g
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just did a fresh install and backed up my extensions first. Everything works if I boot with -v -f, but when I try to boot without flags i get "still waiting for root device"

bi309v.jpg

2r3i0rm.jpg

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just did a fresh install and backed up my extensions first. Everything works if I boot with -v -f, but when I try to boot without flags i get "still waiting for root device"

bi309v.jpg

2r3i0rm.jpg

I think you need to apply the AHCI patch. You will have to modify the script such that it applies to your Mountain Lion installation partition, since as originally written, it works on your root and of course you can't get there...

Here's mine, modified to work on my /Volumes/Mountain Lion partition. I ran it from my working Lion install:

Code:
kext_dir='/Volumes/Mountain*Lion/System/Library/Extensions'
sudo touch $kext_dir

Until I did that I couldn't boot... I'd get (eventually) the circle with a slash through it. I never did turn on -f -v to see what it was as I suspected it was the AHCI timing issue.

This is probably something the installer could install for us... After you do the patch, just capture the patched Kext in /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext and then include it as one of the kexts to be installed under the 10.8 option.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
thanks for the tips on installing a different power management.kext and applehda.kext.

you said your trackpad works: mine "works" but only as a mouse--for single finger pointer and the click buttons. when i enter sys prefs-->trackpad it says no trackpad present. the trackpad is recognized only as a mouse.

if in your install you can in fact enter the trackpad prefs pane and configure your trackpad, could you pls let me know which kext is for the trackpad, and i'll retrieve one from another HP ML install that i have archived, but am not using because some of the other features don't work.

thanks
+1 on the trackpad. The system thinks it is a mouse. It is also very accelerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.