Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 UD
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi I updated my laptop to El Capitan some months ago and since then I've been getting some strange issues:
1. Laptop sometimes shuts down in random moments
2. Laptop often shuts down when I wake it up from sleep
3. Not so important, but if I plug my external HDMI monitor before turning on the laptop, all screens stay black

I used the new guide from RehabMan, but maybe there are some kexts that remained from old installations, could you help me figure out what the problem is?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi I updated my laptop to El Capitan some months ago and since then I've been getting some strange issues:
1. Laptop sometimes shuts down in random moments
2. Laptop often shuts down when I wake it up from sleep
3. Not so important, but if I plug my external HDMI monitor before turning on the laptop, all screens stay black

I used the new guide from RehabMan, but maybe there are some kexts that remained from old installations, could you help me figure out what the problem is?

Read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 UD
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
I used EfiMounter for Clover folder, I hope it's ok, the rest of the files are attached

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    66.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Ioreg.ioreg
    4.9 MB · Views: 100
  • All Outputs.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 101
  • EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 68

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used EfiMounter for Clover folder, I hope it's ok, the rest of the files are attached

Comments:
- you're running 10.11.0. Update to latest 10.11.6
- your config.plist is not up-to-date with respect to the Probook repo. Update everything as per guide.
- you have a lot of USB devices plugged in. Your issue may be caused by one or more of those devices and the related drivers. Try without.
- you installed Android File Transfer, which is known to cause issues with USB. See FAQ.
- also lots of other crapware installed and hooking your USB ports: MotoHelperDaemon, MIDIServer. Remove.
- Google Chrome is also hooking your USB ports. See FAQ.
- remove these kexts:
Code:
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportSnowLeopard.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/MotMobileUSB.kext/Contents/PlugIns/MotMobileUSBSwch.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/MotMobileUSB.kext/Contents/PlugIns/MotMobileUSBLANMerge.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/MotMobileUSB.kext/Contents/PlugIns/MotMobileMTP.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/MotMobileUSB.kext/Contents/PlugIns/MotMobileMS.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z390 UD
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
UHD 630
Comments:
- you're running 10.11.0. Update to latest 10.11.6
- your config.plist is not up-to-date with respect to the Probook repo. Update everything as per guide.
- you have a lot of USB devices plugged in. Your issue may be caused by one or more of those devices and the related drivers. Try without.
- you installed Android File Transfer, which is known to cause issues with USB. See FAQ.
- also lots of other crapware installed and hooking your USB ports: MotoHelperDaemon, MIDIServer. Remove.
- Google Chrome is also hooking your USB ports. See FAQ.
- remove these kexts

Ok, I've done the following things for now, I'll let you know if the problems come up again, thank you!

-dowloaded combo update, I'll instal it as soon as I finish writing this post
-I updated config.plist following this guide, I used PlistEditPro (section: final config.plist)https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/
-do I have to update or repatch DSDT/SSDT?
-issues with the computer shutting down exist/existed also with no USB devices plugged in
-I'll give android file transfer another chance cause I use it a lot, if problems continue I'll uninstall it
-I don't know how to remove the MotohelperDeamon and MidiServer, I deleted them from the application folder ages ago!
-fixed chrome issue as described in guide
-removed kexts

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
-do I have to update or repatch DSDT/SSDT?

The guide has instructions for ACPI files (./build.sh, ./install_acpi.sh).

-I'll give android file transfer another chance cause I use it a lot, if problems continue I'll uninstall it

Read the FAQ.

-I don't know how to remove the MotohelperDeamon and MidiServer, I deleted them from the application folder ages ago!

Refer to software vendor instructions. Do fresh install otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.