4. LC
  5. Plus
  6. PowerBook
  7. Quadra
  8. SE
  9. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've noticed on Ebay lately some groups selling replacement BIOS chips for HP Probooks.

My first question is, has anyone done this?

My second question, is there a socket that can soldered to the MB so that future bios repairs can just be popped in an out instead of requiring another intricate solder job.

My third question gets a little weirder.
In the comments of one of the sellers was this little note.

"(custom bios chip versions are available on request +$8 fee)"

So of course, I'm now wondering if there is a way to replace the BIOS on our Favorite HP Probooks (4530 and 4540) with one that will be even more Hacintosh friendly. For starters, no hardware whitelists would be a valuable upgrade.

If we could customize the bios for greater compatibility what could we do?

I've noticed on Ebay lately some groups selling replacement BIOS chips for HP Probooks.

My first question is, has anyone done this?

My second question, is there a socket that can soldered to the MB so that future bios repairs can just be popped in an out instead of requiring another intricate solder job.

My third question gets a little weirder.
In the comments of one of the sellers was this little note.

"(custom bios chip versions are available on request +$8 fee)"

So of course, I'm now wondering if there is a way to replace the BIOS on our Favorite HP Probooks (4530 and 4540) with one that will be even more Hacintosh friendly. For starters, no hardware whitelists would be a valuable upgrade.

If we could customize the bios for greater compatibility what could we do?

There is little reason to do this with a working ProBook laptop.

The laptops are hack friendly enough (especially when using Clover)... and the 4540s has no whitelist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back