Contribute
Register

HP Probook 6570b with ATI does not properly display Yosemite installer on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

xme

Motherboard
HP Probook 6570b (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core i7 3612QM/HM76/Bios: F.46
Graphics
ATI 7570M, 1600 x 900
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
[SOLVED] HP Probook 6570b with ATI does not properly display Yosemite installer on screen

Hi,

I am trying to install Yosemite 10.10.2 in my HP Probook 6570b with an ATI 7570M. Long story short, clover is showing up, I included the /EFI/Clover/config.plist from "6x70-8x70 with AMD", but once I select "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite", some text appear on screen and suddenly, when I suppose Yosemite installer is launched, the screen text becomes skewed and scrambled (see pictures). Could someone help me, please?

Hardware
HP Probook 6570b
CPU: Intel Core i5 3230M
Chipset: HM76
Bios: F.46 (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_128848_1)
Ram: 4 GB
Graphic card: ATI 7570M (I don't see any option to disable it in bios)
Screen resolution: 1366x768

Software
I followed to the letter nguyenmac's post "Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI" (if I did not commit any mistake). Using a virtual machine with Yosemite 10.10.1:
1) I created the partitions on a SD card (Sandisk Extreme Pro 8GB) plugged to a USB SD card reader (Kingston MobileLite G2).
2) I copied the last clover available at the dropbox folder.
3) I copied config.plist from "Config/6x70-8x70 with AMD" to /EFI/Clover/config.plist.
4) I created Yosemite Installer partition following method 2a.
5) I copied the HP Probook installer to the root folder of the second partition where the Yosemite Installer was created.
Moving to the laptop:
6) I configured the bios as explained in the post with UEFI Native (since my goal is to install Yosemite and Windows 8.1 or 10). Besides, I unchecked fast boot.
7) When I boot to the USB Card reader, clover is loaded without problems and I can perfectly see clover screen.
step01_2.jpg
8) If I navigate to "Graphic inject menu" (if I remember well), I see that some options about ATI are selected, so config.plist should be properly placed and "doing something".
9) When I select "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite", for a small period of time some text appear on the screen, loading something.
step02_2.jpg
10) Then, the screen becomes unreadable with everything skewed. At some point with a lot of imagination :), I can see something that should be Apple's logo and a progress bar. Finally, there should be some kind of grey screen with a white list of items, where the selected item is blue, but it is totally unusable.
step03_2.jpg

Notes:
1) I tried the other config.plist in "6x60-8x60p with AMD", and exactly the same happened. I looked at the "Graphic inject menu" to check that different options were selected.
2) I also tried and old config.plist from an old post "HP Probook 6570b. Switch to HD Graphics?" (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/126761-hp-probook-6570b-switch-hd-graphics.html). It gave me a black screen, nothing happens. I waited for half an hour.
3) I read at the forum rules that is forbidden to ask about AMD/ATI cards, but since they were included at the installation post, I decided to ask.
4) I did not post this message at the "Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI" to do not pollute the thread.
5) This is my first post. I apologize if I missed or broke any rule.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p
CPU
i5 3320M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Select uefi hybrid in bios.

xme

Motherboard
HP Probook 6570b (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core i7 3612QM/HM76/Bios: F.46
Graphics
ATI 7570M, 1600 x 900
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi,
Thanks a lot, that setting did the trick :thumbup:. I was able to install Yosemite 10.10.2 with graphics and sound working :).

Best regards,
Xavi

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p
CPU
i5 3320M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
Thanks a lot, that setting did the trick :thumbup:. I was able to install Yosemite 10.10.2 with graphics and sound working :).

Best regards,
Xavi

After running PBI CE you should switch back to UEFI Native.

Status
Not open for further replies.