Contribute
Register

HP Probook 6570b. Switch to HD Graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hp Probook 6570b
CPU
I5 3320m
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Greetings again!

I have an HP Probook 6570b that had a bad HD 4000 GPU. So, I ordered a motherboard with both discrete graphics and HD 4000 (same price).

There does not seem to be any way to disable the Radeon 7570m discrete graphics in the bios.

Now, with the same installation of OS X, I cannot get the HD 4000 graphics to work. It boots up in a low resolution mode.

System information says "ATI (0x1002)"
VRAM 3MB
Device ID 0x6841
Resolution 1024x768
BUS PCIe

I have already tried the GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004

Is there any way to get OS X to switch back to the HD 4000 graphics?

Greetings again!

I have an HP Probook 6570b that had a bad HD 4000 GPU. So, I ordered a motherboard with both discrete graphics and HD 4000 (same price).

There does not seem to be any way to disable the Radeon 7570m discrete graphics in the bios.

Now, with the same installation of OS X, I cannot get the HD 4000 graphics to work. It boots up in a low resolution mode.

System information says "ATI (0x1002)"
VRAM 3MB
Device ID 0x6841
Resolution 1024x768
BUS PCIe

I have already tried the GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004

Is there any way to get OS X to switch back to the HD 4000 graphics?

Show a screen shot of DPCIManager->PCI List.

Thanks for the reply. I will do that when I get home from work. :)

Ok, here is the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2014-03-05 at 8.08.53 PM.jpg

No HD4000 there...

It is definitely on the board itself. It has 2 GPU's. An Intel and an AMD.

I am going to image it quickly in Windows 8 so that I can update the bios on the new board.

Then, I am going to see what options I have in the bios.

It is definitely on the board itself. It has 2 GPU's. An Intel and an AMD.

I am going to image it quickly in Windows 8 so that I can update the bios on the new board.

Then, I am going to see what options I have in the bios.

Of course it is there... You have an Intel CPU. HD4000 is on CPU itself. But it does not need to be enabled by the board or BIOS. Check to see what options you have in the BIOS.

No options in bios to switch graphics. Looks like the only way to switch back and forth is through the catalyst control center which is a windows only utility. I never thought that I would not be able to switch back and forth in the bios. This project has humbled me over and over again.

Wow...

This weekend, I am going to look at Nguyenmac's method. It is all I have at this point.

No options in bios to switch graphics. Looks like the only way to switch back and forth is through the catalyst control center which is a windows only utility. I never thought that I would not be able to switch back and forth in the bios. This project has humbled me over and over again.

Wow...

This weekend, I am going to look at Nguyenmac's method. It is all I have at this point.

If HD4000 is not showing on the PCI bus, then you can't use it in Windows either. In a switched system with both enabled, they will both be present on the PCI bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back