ATI 7570M, 1600 x 900
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have a problem and I need some help. When restarting after installing HP ProBook Installer, the screen and mouse pointer look weird, like there are two screens showed at the same time. Besides, I think the gradient banding issues explained at the guide appear, too. But, the later, for the time being, is a minor issue.

Background
---------------

With the help of this site and nguyenmac, I succesfully installed Yosemite 10.10.2 in my HP Probook 6570b with an Intel i5-3230M and a screen of 1366x768. More details here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...operly-display-yosemite-installer-screen.html

Then I upgraded the laptop with:
· CPU: Intel i7-3612QM
· Screen: LG model LP156WD1-TLB2 with resolution 1600x900
· Screen cable: dual link cable part number 646970-001 (as stated in the service manual http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03565466-1.pdf)

I tried to install Yosemite 10.10.3 with the latest "HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.17", but I failed, graphics were not working properly (see below). To test and discard problems with the screen and cable, I installed Windows 8.1, and it worked fine. The screen looked gourgeous.

As explained in my previous post, I followed to the letter nguyenmac's "Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI". The only weird thing I did is to use the config.plist from "Config/6x60-8x60p with AMD" instead from "Config/6x70-8x70 with AMD" at the usb clover partition, because the later gave me a blank screen at the moment of showing the graphic mode. However, I checked the proper "6x70b/8x70 AMD/nVidia" and "6x70b/8x70p AMD" settings when selecting options at the HP Probook Installer.

I make sure I pressed F4 at the clover screen (the laptop hangs for a bit of time), just before OSX boots and ask for creating your account and all this stuff. Once the desktop is shown, I installed HP ProBook Installer.

I repeated the installation a few times with the same result.

The problem
-----------

See the following photos.

Screen just before installing HP ProBook Installer.

Photo01.JPG

After restarting, login screen.

Photo02.JPG

The desktop.

Photo03.JPG

Menu detail.

Photo04.JPG

I can post the troubleshooting files if necessary.

Any ideas or suggestions? I will really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance:
Xavi

Select FixEDID

Hi,

I removed all partitions and installed Yosemite 10.10.3 from scratch. This time, I added "Fix EDID" to the HP Probook Installer recommended settings. Once the computer restarted, I found exactly the same problems (screen drawing and gradient banding). I copied the installation troubleshooting files, just in case.

I restarted again, pressed F4 at the hard drive installed Clover screen (but the computer did not freeze for a bit of time like while booting from USB). At the desktop, I installed again HP Probook Installer with only the "Fix EDID" setting selected. After restarting, gradient banding seems to be gone, but the screen drawing problem persist.

Any more ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Xavi

Hi,

I would like to ask, if my current configuration is a known problematic one, in which case I will switch back to the low resolution screen, or if it looks like I am doing something wrong. In the latter case, I will appreciate any help, like pointing me to a thread where this problem has been tackled (I have searched without success) or asking for any troubleshooting file that I can upload or anything that I can do to help fix this problem.

Regards,
Xavi

Hi,

I would like to ask, if my current configuration is a known problematic one, in which case I will switch back to the low resolution screen, or if it looks like I am doing something wrong. In the latter case, I will appreciate any help, like pointing me to a thread where this problem has been tackled (I have searched without success) or asking for any troubleshooting file that I can upload or anything that I can do to help fix this problem.

Regards,
Xavi

You mean the screen tearing problem? I don't know if it's fixable or not.

You may try a clean install again before replacing old display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back