Lenovo ThinkPad W520
CPU
i7-2760QM
Graphics
HD 3000 (disabled) + Quadro 1000M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Alright, long story short. It is an absolute pleasure to install OS X Yosemite to my 6560B w/o any issues. Graphics, sound, touchpad and keyboard are very easy to set up. My only problem is the wireless card which is the BCM4313 which I know is NOT supported at all in OS X. And after constant research, I've turned up nothing for an alternative card (thanks to HP for whitelisting their laptops so you're limited on what cards you can put in)

I'm basically trying to find a wireless card that's compatible with this laptop as well as OS X.

Can anybody help me? This is a pain :(

There is a YouTube video here of a guy who installed OS X to his 6560B, but his wireless card is not known and he doesn't comment on his videos. You can view that video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL6teH7hq3w

All help will be appreciated!

Alright, long story short. It is an absolute pleasure to install OS X Yosemite to my 6560B w/o any issues. Graphics, sound, touchpad and keyboard are very easy to set up. My only problem is the wireless card which is the BCM4313 which I know is NOT supported at all in OS X. And after constant research, I've turned up nothing for an alternative card (thanks to HP for whitelisting their laptops so you're limited on what cards you can put in)

I'm basically trying to find a wireless card that's compatible with this laptop as well as OS X.

Can anybody help me? This is a pain :(

There is a YouTube video here of a guy who installed OS X to his 6560B, but his wireless card is not known and he doesn't comment on his videos. You can view that video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL6teH7hq3w

All help will be appreciated!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

How could I have been so blind!? D:
So from looking at this page, the HP branded Broadcom 43224HMS *should* work for this laptop?
I just don't want to go searching for a WiFi card that turns out unsupported.

Thanks!

How could I have been so blind!? D:
So from looking at this page, the HP branded Broadcom 43224HMS *should* work for this laptop?

Yes.

I recommend you follow the guide from beginning to end.
If you follow the guide carefully, installing OS X with it is easier than installing Windows on the same laptop.

I've installed OS X to this laptop quite a few times. That was a few years ago though, I've gotten this laptop back about a week ago. I used to use OS X on this just by using a mini Wifi USB (which was just...horrid)

In any case, I may follow the thread but I have experience in hackintoshing. Now that I know which WiFi card will work, I'm 99.9% certain that I can set this up to be a fully working hack.

Windows does not work very well on this laptop (IDT sound software is buggy and causes loss of audio in both Windows 7, 8.1 and even 10) so OS X is the way to go.

Anyway, cheers for the link. Just can't believe I've been so blind as to not see that page :p

I've installed OS X to this laptop quite a few times. That was a few years ago though, I've gotten this laptop back about a week ago. I used to use OS X on this just by using a mini Wifi USB (which was just...horrid)

In any case, I may follow the thread but I have experience in hackintoshing. Now that I know which WiFi card will work, I'm 99.9% certain that I can set this up to be a fully working hack.

Windows does not work very well on this laptop (IDT sound software is buggy and causes loss of audio in both Windows 7, 8.1 and even 10) so OS X is the way to go.

Anyway, cheers for the link. Just can't believe I've been so blind as to not see that page :p

Definitely follow the guide. The experience and effort behind that guide is not easily duplicated manually.

You may get started with the typical methods (Unibeast/Multibeast), but you'll end up asking all kinds of questions regarding problems that are already solved.

Okay, so I've just bought the BCM943224HMS (582564-001) and should be posted on Tuesday 25th.

I shall start configuring my 16GB USB with 10.10.5 on it with Clover just to be ready on the day.

I may or may not update this thread if there's success/failure regarding both install (which was easy) and getting the Wifi card to work (I mostly use Toleda WiFi for that since it just "works")

Cheers for the link, I probably would've found that link 2 years later.

Okay, so I've just bought the BCM943224HMS (582564-001) and should be posted on Tuesday 25th.

I shall start configuring my 16GB USB with 10.10.5 on it with Clover just to be ready on the day.

I may or may not update this thread if there's success/failure regarding both install (which was easy) and getting the Wifi card to work (I mostly use Toleda WiFi for that since it just "works")

Cheers for the link, I probably would've found that link 2 years later.

You can start with the guide now. When you get your WiFi card, you can install it and it will "just work." The kexts/patches/etc needed are already provided by PBI-CE.

You may be underestimating the completeness of the guide.

Alright, I can confirm that I have successfully gotten OS X working on my Probook 6560b. Audio, Ethernet, Power Management, Brightness (and control), Keyboard (and Fn keys), trackpad, battery meter and WiFi is working. Configured as a MBP 8,1 and a fully patched DSDT (Using Clover UEFI). So far everything is working perfectly.

DSC_0045.JPG

Alright, I can confirm that I have successfully gotten OS X working on my Probook 6560b. Audio, Ethernet, Power Management, Brightness (and control), Keyboard (and Fn keys), trackpad, battery meter and WiFi is working. Configured as a MBP 8,1 and a fully patched DSDT (Using Clover UEFI). So far everything is working perfectly.

View attachment 148510

I think you'll agree... not a "nightmare".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back