HP Probook 650 G1
CPU
Intel i5-4210M HM87
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[Fixed] HP Probook 650 G1 black screen post sleep-issue

I have annoying problem with my Yosemite 10.10.3 install. Everything else is pretty nicely working, but my display stays black (or to be more specific it works for a second and then goes black) after waking up from the sleep - to add more oddness to this issue sometimes (like 1 out of 10 times) screen stays black right after waking up. Same effect happens from waking up from computer or just display sleep.

If you're thinking backlight issue.. I don't believe it is one since increase/decrease light buttons (F9/F10) work and backlight is seeping through post sleep.

Computer doesn't freeze or anything like that. I can get to desktop from another computer using VNC and everything is working fine that way. Just physical display will not show what's happening.

System specs can be found under my profile.

Installation is done by the guide: Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI - where I asked for assistance 1st.

Here are files Rehabman asks people to post when facing problems.
View attachment CLOVER0514.zip
View attachment JINX0514.zip
View attachment RehabMan0514.zip

If someone has some ideas where to start looking for solution it would be brilliant.

Last edited:
I have annoying problem with my Yosemite 10.10.3 install. Everything else is pretty nicely working, but my display stays black (or to be more specific it works for a second and then goes black) after waking up from the sleep - to add more oddness to this issue sometimes (like 1 out of 10 times) screen stays black right after waking up. Same effect happens from waking up from computer or just display sleep.

If you're thinking backlight issue.. I don't believe it is one since increase/decrease light buttons (F9/F10) work and backlight is seeping through post sleep.

Computer doesn't freeze or anything like that. I can get to desktop from another computer using VNC and everything is working fine that way. Just physical display will not show what's happening.

System specs can be found under my profile.

Installation is done by the guide: Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI - where I asked for assistance 1st.

Here are files Rehabman asks people to post when facing problems.
View attachment 137426
View attachment 137427
View attachment 137428

If someone has some ideas where to start looking for solution it would be brilliant.

Did you try different ig-platform-id values? For example, 0xa26000a (with/without patch from my repo), or 0xa2e0008?

Did you try different ig-platform-id values? For example, 0xa26000a (with/without patch from my repo), or 0xa2e0008?
You gotta be kidding me. Changed (only this value) to 0xa26000a and wake from computer sleep works now.:thumbup: I'll test display sleep next...

Thank you! :)

edit: and waking up from display sleep works also. Brilliant!

Last edited:
You gotta be kidding me. Changed (only this value) to 0xa26000a and wake from computer sleep works now.:thumbup: I'll test display sleep next...

Thank you! :)

edit: and waking up from display sleep works also. Brilliant!

If others need it, maybe a change for the PBI-CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back