Contribute
Register

HP Probook 6470b

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at 10.8.0 now and pretty much everything works :D Except SpeedStep (I'm stuck at 1.2GHz MSRDumper) and I can only boot from my Unibeast USB drive because of an error: "P-state Stepper Error 18 at Step 2 in context 2 on CPU 2"

One thing I just thought of: For high-res case, why not patch capri for 01660004 instead of 0008. That way the DSDT patches remain the same, and it is only capri that is patched. If you run vanilla capri, no problem, HDMI just doesn't work. If you run patched capri, it works with DSDT 01660004 and HDMI works. Less chance of someone making a mistake and being confronted with non-working LVDS.

You know what, I managed to do it, now I am in the process of optimising the kext for the low-res models and adding the HDMI-audio patch... At first it seemed impossible, but more i was thinking about it, more my hopes went up, a few days ago I did a quick attempt but failed miserably, today I tried with a more taught out method and for now all seems good.

I will update the other testing thread soon, when I am done with the other patches, give it a second try and double check everything.

Then I think I can make a single script to patch both platform-IDs (03 & 04), it is going to be massive, but it would be the ultimate solution for PBI in my opinion.

I'm at 10.8.0 now and pretty much everything works :D Except SpeedStep (I'm stuck at 1.2GHz MSRDumper) and I can only boot from my Unibeast USB drive because of an error: "P-state Stepper Error 18 at Step 2 in context 2 on CPU 2"

I fixed the problem just my changing to another SMBios, for some reason most SMBios I tried out work except the one Identical to my processor (i5-3427U)

- - - Updated - - -

I fixed the problem just my changing to another SMBios, for some reason most SMBios I tried out work except the one Identical to my processor (i5-3427U)

Are you sure that 3427U is really the CPU you have, because looking at Intel specs it should have a different socket then other non ULV models, somehow I find it hard to believe HP would make a different motherboard, just for a model that I can't even find when i google it.

What is the chipset you have?

Are you sure that 3427U is really the CPU you have, because looking at Intel specs it should have a different socket then other non ULV models, somehow I find it hard to believe HP would make a different motherboard, just for a model that I can't even find when i google it.

What is the chipset you have?

Ivy Bridge, It has a PGA988 socket but the 3427U wasn't listed with supported CPUs. I knew something was off about this computer since no program except CPUZ could recognize the CPU (i'm not sure if correctly), not even the bios. I never notice it before but in CPUZ Specification it says Genuine Intel(R) CPU @ 1.8GHz (es)

The es meaning Engineering Sample, once I buy some thermal paste i'm going to check out the processor physically. Also it has an L3 Cache of 4MB which no i5 have. I message the ebayer about some of this, hopefully he will get back with me tomorrow. Also multiple programs says my TDP is 35, I set mine to 17 because i thought it was the 3427U. Should I change it to 35?

Ivy Bridge, It has a PGA988 socket but the 3427U wasn't listed with supported CPUs. I knew something was off about this computer since no program except CPUZ could recognize the CPU (i'm not sure if correctly), not even the bios. I never notice it before but in CPUZ Specification it says Genuine Intel(R) CPU @ 1.8GHz (es)

The es meaning Engineering Sample, once I buy some thermal paste i'm going to check out the processor physically. Also it has an L3 Cache of 4MB which no i5 have. I message the ebayer about some of this, hopefully he will get back with me tomorrow. Also multiple programs says my TDP is 35, I set mine to 17 because i thought it was the 3427U. Should I change it to 35?
It is hard to give you a good answer, it is an ES, so your guess is as good as mine, I would sugest you to try, that's how we do it...

Do you have a high-res screen or low? Did you test if the displayport works?

It is hard to give you a good answer, it is an ES, so your guess is as good as mine, I would sugest you to try, that's how we do it...

Do you have a high-res screen or low? Did you test if the displayport works?

Yeah I going to try it out later. High-res works and I haven't tried the display port yet.

Yeah I going to try it out later. High-res works and I haven't tried the display port yet.
I mean is your display 1600x900 or 1366x768, in other words what you choose when you were generating your dsdt single or double-link?

I mean is your display 1600x900 or 1366x768, in other words what you choose when you were generating your dsdt single or double-link?

1600x900

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back