Contribute
Register

HP Probook 6470b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx, for the clarification. Does that in any way prevent the full functioning of the speedstep, I didnt see much notebooks with ivy bridge and fully working speedstep, hows the current situation (and sorry for some novice questions, i was out of the hack scene for a few years at-least actively).

I don't have any Ivy machines, and don't plan to get one, at least not at this point. I think my next upgrade point is Haswell or maybe even Broadwell...

I can try that later on, my temperatures and noise doesn't seem to bad, its true that i am not doing nothing intensive on it right now, just texteditors and similar, patching code and stuff, but still my temperature in idle is about 43-45C and the fan starts at about 55C, will see how it behavie with web browsing when i get to use it (now i am in fixing mode cant enjoy it, but every new thing that starts working is "magical" :p). How are the temperatures on yours 4530s and hows the fan behavior?

That is pretty good for stock fan behavior. Assuming you're not running HWMonitor -- otherwise you are probably getting some effect of fan control. You might try no fan patch at all (or modified to remove the part that tweaks the fan speed, but keeps the part that reports CPU temp & fan speed). Perhaps HP finally made the fan behave reasonably.

I think thats not my strong part, hopefully we find help from someone with C++ knowledge and a 4540s.

Eventually someone will come along... If I needed another laptop, I'd buy one...

I am working on it, I have he headphones and internal mic working, for the speakers i think i messed something in the platform.xml, shouldn't be to hard to fix and then maybe i can add the mic-in, i never used it in my life, so it will come when i get bored one day.

UPDATE: Just finished patching the AppleHDA.kext from the ground up thx to some great guides and people... Now the speakers work, headphones work, switch on plug-in plug-out works, internal mic works, input-line (extrenal mic) needs still to be added. I am testing it right now while writing this and it sounds perfect (same as windows), only when u are on the speakers they seem to mute before you go down in volume all the way, but that might be just the tiny speakers this notebook has.
It seems I wrongly reported the audio codec (blame AIDA64), after doing the Codec_dump in ubuntu, i saw the codec reported as 92HD81B1X5, but then again the verbits are different from what i saw around so i had to use mines and the rest went smooth.

Great... That's one process I haven't ever been through (haven't had to yet), but would like to do just to know how.

I'm definitely looking forward to hearing anything about the ext mic line in as it doesn't work properly on ProBooks 4530s (stereo input works, mono does not - no love for headset microphones). Keep up the good work.

Maybe if AppleHDA.kext was re-patched that could be fixed...

Although, it seems a simple mono -> stereo adapter would fix that problem pretty easy!?

RehabMan, i am not using (not yet) any fan patches yet and i mostly use istat to monitor temperatures. On the connected subject, in your experience does the MaciASL generate working SSDTs?

And since we talk about audio and 4530s, what chip does it use?

PS: idk whats the policy in this site about posting links to other sites, if i can post the HDA patching guide here or otherwise PM me.

RehabMan, i am not using (not yet) any fan patches yet and i mostly use istat to monitor temperatures. On the connected subject, in your experience does the MaciASL generate working SSDTs?

The SSDTs it generates are good for Sandy Bridge. Don't know what the status of Ivy is. There is conflicting information out there, with some people saying you don't need an SSDT for Ivy (which doesn't seem to make sense), and yet a lot of people have trouble getting all pstates working with Ivy...

Try to generate one using MaciASL and see how it goes. Just be prepared to undo it if it doesn't work out.

And since we talk about audio and 4530s, what chip does it use?

Linux shows IDT 92HD87B1/3

PS: idk whats the policy in this site about posting links to other sites, if i can post the HDA patching guide here or otherwise PM me.

As long as the links don't condone piracy, they are generally ok.

That is pretty good for stock fan behavior. Assuming you're not running HWMonitor -- otherwise you are probably getting some effect of fan control. You might try no fan patch at all (or modified to remove the part that tweaks the fan speed, but keeps the part that reports CPU temp & fan speed). Perhaps HP finally made the fan behave reasonably.
I think they made progress. My fan is spinning at 2300rpm (idle 35-38C) and 2600rpm (around 50C). The speed goes up to 2900rpm when playing flash games (60-65C is the maximum). I don't know what to do (to apply or not the fan patch?). The fan is turned off on battery (I think this is normal). I do not use battery at home.

Got the bluetooth 4 to work too, was easy just some ID changing in a existing plist. since the "chipset" is supported natively. And before i forget Firewire seems to work OOB too, i dont have anything to test it, but was recognized.
If for a miracle a wi-fi kext would pop up :silent:, this could be at the 4530s levels of compatibility. For now i think i will order a wifi USB dongle (any suggestions for 10.8?). Let me say it, I hate HP whitelisting BS.

So whats left to get to work:
-speedstep
-SD card
-Wi-fi
-touchpad after sleep
-mic in (when i am bored)

And then is as close to perfect a hackintosh a notebook can be.

Edit: And here is the AppleHDA patching guide, is based on hp notebooks so its quite similar to ours, one has even the same ID as mine but different verbs.

I am struggling a bit with the SD card reader, can some of the 4530s/4540s owners (that got it to work), tell me their SD card reader vendor and product ID and how did they manage to make it work.

THX

I am struggling a bit with the SD card reader, can some of the 4530s/4540s owners (that got it to work), tell me their SD card reader vendor and product ID and how did they manage to make it work.

THX

4x30s card reader is JMicron JMB38X device-id 0x2392, vendor-id 0x197b on PCIe bus. It is supported by two kext, JMB38X.kext and HSSDBlockStorage.kext, which I believe come direct from the Jmicron.com support website (ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/CardReader/MAC_OS_X/SD/)

4x30s card reader is JMicron JMB38X device-id 0x2392, vendor-id 0x197b on PCIe bus. It is supported by two kext, JMB38X.kext and HSSDBlockStorage.kext, which I believe come direct from the Jmicron.com support website (ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/CardReader/MAC_OS_X/SD/)
That's exactly as mine and that's exactly the kexts i was trying, i checked they have the right id in... The firewire thats on the same controller seems to work but the SD, it does not for some reason. Probably is something small, or i am overlooking something... confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back