Contribute
Register

HP Probook 640 G1 Hackintoshable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I noticed that audio from the headphone jack cuts off at time. I can fix it by unplugging the earphones and plugging it back in and if that doesn't work, I have to put it to sleep.

Hello,

I followed the guide. Everything is ok but the VGA and display port.
Wich wifi card will you recommended me?
Thank you very much for the guide and for your help!

Read the guide. The more expensive, the better.

I thought I would add that I have just completed a successful HP ProBook 640 G1 install of Yosemite 10.10.2 (as of 25 Feb 2015) using the Yosemite with Clover guide.

The HP ProBook Installer now also includes an option specifically for 6x0 G1 laptops, so no confusion there.

I swapped the Wi-Fi card out for the BroadCom BCM94322HM8L BCM4322 Half Size Mini PCIE WIFI Wireless Card for a pifling £8.50, which worked without any extra jiggery-pokery - very pleased with that, as I had an Edimax dongle which did work, but the software was so poor it wouldn't remember the network password,

I cannot attest to the display port or VGA out or even the audio jack issues that some of you have been having. I simply needed a Hackintosh for InDesign for my wife, as some older fonts were simply not playing ball with Windows. If I were confident enough to dual boot it with Windows, I would, as it's not a half-bad gaming laptop!

I did run into trouble the first time I used the HP ProBook Installer as I ended up stuck on the UDID line on boot, but that was owing to me too hastily selecting the wrong options. Tried again and all was well.

Thanks to Rehabman for all his comments throughout many threads that helped me get there in the end.

Last edited:
So i'm assuming by your post that the 640 g1 doesn't have a whitelist for wifi unlike the older probooks do? I just bought a 640 g1 but haven't received it yet.

So i'm assuming by your post that the 640 g1 doesn't have a whitelist for wifi unlike the older probooks do? I just bought a 640 g1 but haven't received it yet.

No whitelist.

Hi,
what sound do you use? alc...? thank you.

I know this is an old thread, but not finding much new.

Can an HP ProBook 640 G1 be used with Mojave? I just have a line on one.

Did anyone get to that level?

I know I have to replace the WIFI. Does the webcam? Did you also replace the display?

Anything specific that does not work?

I know this is an old thread, but not finding much new.

Can an HP ProBook 640 G1 be used with Mojave? I just have a line on one.

Did anyone get to that level?

I know I have to replace the WIFI. Does the webcam? Did you also replace the display?

Anything specific that does not work?
I tried updating it to Mojave but with no success. Couldn't access new file system after upgrade and I gave up later and reinstalled to High Sierra. I think it can be done and with no wifi problems but I'm too lazy to try again. Did you succeed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back