Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4x30s (4330, 4430, 4530, 4730) patches -- Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you mind uploading that patched one for me? It seems that whatever patching I did killed my battery percentage. Thanks!

Here you go.

Edit: updated for 1080p screen.

Attachments

• inmike09-ACPI-p7.zip
    135.5 KB · Views: 114
Ok. So the DSDT you gave me is not working correctly and that is because I didn't tell you I have the 1080p screen. Would you mind correcting it for that. I keep trying without success.

Thank you!

Updated original post attachment with 1080p version (I just hand edited it, as the 1080p patch is a simple addition)

Have you tried capturing your own raw DSDT and then patching? Same or different results?

This is the first thing I've tried, I got the same warnings and remarks as with your DSDT, but I got no delay. It's my own DSDT after all.

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87 delay is a normal behavior when OperationRegions in dsdt differ between laptops.

e.g. OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xBCFBA918, 0x019F)

Best solution - make your own dsdt. If you're lucky and SystemMemory matches with premade dsdt - no IOAPIC delay.

During tests with laptop I noticed that SystemMemory assignments change very rarely. Only on BIOS flashes and resets and not everytime.

Maybe so, but why I don't have such delay with the DSDTs, provided by the installer? They are nothing like my own.
Anyway, is there a way to solve this problem? My idea was to make these DSDTs universal, so they could be included in the ProBook Installer.

I went ahead and installed each of the BIOS updates, F23, F27, and F28. I captured the DSDT from each one in Linux. I have pushed them to github.
Hi,I wonder did anyone try to re-flash from f28 to earlier versions of bios,f23 for example.

AFAIK, downgrade is possible from any F.2x up to F.20. I personally had downgraded my BIOS from F.25 to F.20 few months ago.
Hi,If you try installing f28 under windows warning appears:after installing this bios version onto the system prior bios
versions cannot be installed onto the system

Hi,If you try installing f28 under windows warning appears:after installing this bios version onto the system prior bios
versions cannot be installed onto the system

That's why I've made the downgrade under DOS with flash drive (the second option when you've launched the updater). You will see this warning under DOS as well, but you can ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back