Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4x30s (4330, 4430, 4530, 4730) patches -- Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
HD3K only. I've renamed them on github to better reflect.

I'm asking you this, because I've patched versions F.23, F.27 and F.28 with the patches and tried them all. I noticed strange behavior, when I booted my system with each of them. During the boot proccess, the system had stopped for at least 15 second on a line, containing IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87 and then it just had continued. After this, the system had booted normally and everything had worked just like it should. With my vanilla DSDT, extracted with AIDA64 and patched with the patches, there wasn't such delay.

Anyway, here's the files (in Standart and 1080p flavour and DSLs included too):

Attachments

• DSDTs_4530s_F23_F27_F28.zip
    787.1 KB · Views: 168
I'm asking you this, because I've patched versions F.23, F.27 and F.28 with the patches and tried them all. I noticed strange behavior, when I booted my system with each of them. During the boot proccess, the system had stopped for at least 15 second on a line, containing IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87 and then it just had continued. After this, the system had booted normally and everything had worked just like it should. With my vanilla DSDT, extracted with AIDA64 and patched with the patches, there wasn't such delay.

Anyway, here's the files (in Standart and 1080p flavour and DSLs included too):

I'm running patched F28 version (and my system now has F.28) and haven't noticed anything, but then again I haven't really looked.
What flag do you boot with to see this?

I too get hung up on the IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87 for about 12 seconds. Otherwise everything else works fine. I am using the patched F.28 for 1080p from the second to last post.

Everything just flies by for me, no time to even see where the apic output is. My system boots in about 14.5 sec... that's from Chimera selection to Login screen.

This really does make me question the validity of using a single DSDT base for all computers.
Perhaps things change depending on the specific model/configuration??

Have you tried capturing your own raw DSDT and then patching? Same or different results?

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87 delay is a normal behavior when OperationRegions in dsdt differ between laptops.

e.g. OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xBCFBA918, 0x019F)

Best solution - make your own dsdt. If you're lucky and SystemMemory matches with premade dsdt - no IOAPIC delay.

During tests with laptop I noticed that SystemMemory assignments change very rarely. Only on BIOS flashes and resets and not everytime.

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87 delay is a normal behavior when OperationRegions in dsdt differ between laptops.

e.g. OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xBCFBA918, 0x019F)

Best solution - make your own dsdt. If you're lucky and SystemMemory matches with premade dsdt - no IOAPIC delay.

During tests with laptop I noticed that SystemMemory assignments change very rarely. Only on BIOS flashes and resets and not everytime.

Thanks for that BigDonkey. That is very useful information. And nice to see you back...

I am attaching a fresh DSDT table un-patched from my F.28 BIOS on an AK07.... I hope this helps. I am in the process of running the patches on it for myself. Applying the battery fix is taking crazy long on my new Ivy Bridge build. Is this necessary and if so should it take over 5 minutes for part 0?

Attachments

• ACPI.dsl.zip
    85.4 KB · Views: 115
I am attaching a fresh DSDT table un-patched from my F.28 BIOS on an AK07.... I hope this helps. I am in the process of running the patches on it for myself. Applying the battery fix is taking crazy long on my new Ivy Bridge build. Is this necessary and if so should it take over 5 minutes for part 0?

DSDT Editor is slow, but not that slow. You might want to make sure you have the current version. Mine says 0.8 in the About, and I downloaded it just a couple days ago. The battery0 patch is one of the slower ones as it has to search the whole file for some regex. This is because Name objects are not considered nodes in DSDT Editor's tree, so a patch cannot search for Name objects directly.

I ran your DSL through patches 2 - 7 and everything worked. The result was identical to my F.28 patched DSL, but for the OperationRegion entries, and some comments (differences in iasl compiler being used).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back