Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4x30s (4330, 4430, 4530, 4730) patches -- Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also made a test last night. I applied all patches (except 3b, because I have normal screen) to my vanilla F.27 DSDT. There were few warnings and two remarks upon the compilation, but the DSDT was compiled without any error. I'm using it now and so far it works like the patched F.20 provided by the installer. I want to make thorough test of this DSDT, but I suspect that such test will be unnecessary.

Yes, I made really no attempt to fix all the warnings (it is possible to clean them up, but some of them only by changing code semantics).
And 3a vs. 3b. It is really one or the other... depending on type of screen.

I faced with FPED problem while compiling my dsdt from scratch. I've extracted dsdt via Ubuntu live usb, that use DSDTEditor for Windows to decompile and verify my dsdt, but got 201 errors. I saw a lot suggestions to remove
Code:
                If (CondRefOf (FPED))
                {
                    FPED ()
                }
But I don't know am I right removing this staff. And this expression is not into GFX0 device definition, it's at the beginning of dsdt.
I look into 4 SSDT's gathered from Linux too, but can't find FPED there. But I saw a lot of information in SSDT's - does this info useful for us or not? why we not include this into dsdt? Please explain?
I've looked into 4530s dsdt from Installer and can't find FPED anywhere. So do I need simply remove all info about FPED or need to do more investigating this staff?

Thank you!

I faced with FPED problem while compiling my dsdt from scratch. I've extracted dsdt via Ubuntu live usb, that use DSDTEditor for Windows to decompile and verify my dsdt, but got 201 errors. I saw a lot suggestions to remove
Code:
                If (CondRefOf (FPED))
                {
                    FPED ()
                }
But I don't know am I right removing this staff. And this expression is not into GFX0 device definition, it's at the beginning of dsdt.
I look into 4 SSDT's gathered from Linux too, but can't find FPED there. But I saw a lot of information in SSDT's - does this info useful for us or not? why we not include this into dsdt? Please explain?
I've looked into 4530s dsdt from Installer and can't find FPED anywhere. So do I need simply remove all info about FPED or need to do more investigating this staff?

Thank you!

In the F20 DSDT (and other prior BIOS, evidently), it is in the middle of device GFX0. The solution is to just remove it. Thus the:
Code:
# from 01_Compilation.txt
# Fix parse errors 
into device label GFX0 code_regex If\s\(CondRefOf\s\(FPED\)\)\s*\n\s*\{\s*\n\s*FPED\s\(\)\s*\n\s*\} remove_matched;

What BIOS do you have?

So far, the only XSDT info we need is the custom SSDT specific to our CPUs, so there has been no need to include those extra items. There are actually a few other ACPI tables, but my understanding is that Chimera looks at those directly from BIOS and provides the information to OS X through it's "fake" SMbios. There may be gaps in my understanding, though...

Mine is 68IRR Ver. F.01
Different from F20.

Oh, you have Ivy Bridge series (ie. gen 3 Intel Core i-series).

Let us know how the DSDT patching goes...

Is there anyone, who can provide clean F.28 DSDT for testing?

I went ahead and installed each of the BIOS updates, F23, F27, and F28. I captured the DSDT from each one in Linux. I have pushed them to github.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back