CPU
i7-3960
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Hi all

Is the 4740s a good buy for a Hackintosh laptop? I have to replace a Macbook that got struck by lightning and would prefer building a Hackintosh instead of buying a real Mac again. My research shows me the Probook's are the best for this but is 4740s fully supported?

Appreciate any advice.

Regards
Mitch

Hi all

Is the 4740s a good buy for a Hackintosh laptop? I have to replace a Macbook that got struck by lightning and would prefer building a Hackintosh instead of buying a real Mac again. My research shows me the Probook's are the best for this but is 4740s fully supported?

Appreciate any advice.

Regards
Mitch

from the recent responses to the 10.8.5 update in this sub forum for pro books , it looks like some users of the 4x40s have some issues to figure out, such as audio, maybe its isolated?

4x30s seems to respond a bit better to the 10.8.5 update. apart from that if you are an advanced hackintosher that can code and debug kext or system level stuff then its prob no obstacle for you either 4x40s or 4x30s.

Hi all

Appreciate any advice.

Regards
Mitch

If you're expecting it to be "perfect" (as in "fully supported"), then you'll be disappointed. There is no perfect hack. If you want perfect, buy a MacBook.

My 4740s is fully working under 10.8.5 ;
BT/WiFi/Sound/LAN/Webcam/HDMI/SDCard Reader/Functions Keys/TouchPad/Sleep/Wake...

My 4740s is fully working under 10.8.5 ;
BT/WiFi/Sound/LAN/Webcam/HDMI/SDCard Reader/Functions Keys/TouchPad/Sleep/Wake...

I can't seem to get the webcam to work on my 4740s. I closely followed the Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook and everything else works as you describe. Do you have an additional USB BT dongle or did you succeed to get a WIFI/BT combo to work?

regards,
Ludwig

My BT/WiFi is an AR9285-AR5B195(HP Atheros AR9285 AR5B195 592775-001 Half WLAN WIFI BT 3.0 BlueTooth Card ( 111036710926 ) )

which I bought on the bay, the original 9485 is not working in OSX.
The Webcam was working OOB without any additional software.

Hi MixUnix

i have installed Mareviks on hp 4760 work but i I do not have QE/CI , have you solved ? How ?

thank you very much

Ledzepp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back