Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 470 G0 10.8.5 working with ProBook Installer but no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me again. I looked a bit further into my installation with IORegistry Explorer. If I am not mistaken the Codec might already be installed, see screenshot 1. In "about this mac, more info,audio" intel high definition audio is mentioned but not devices. Similar display in "system preferences, sound, output devices" and input devices.

Does that mean I already have a working applehda?

Thanks in advance for your help. It is highly appreciated.

Ludwig

That's only the Intel HDMI audio part. What kind of progress did you make on finding/building patched AppleHDA. And did you complete the corresponding DSDT patches? Both HDEF and IRQ fixes are needed for the ProBook 4x40s/4x30s DSDT for patched AppleHDA. Your laptop is probably similar...

That's only the Intel HDMI audio part. What kind of progress did you make on finding/building patched AppleHDA. And did you complete the corresponding DSDT patches? Both HDEF and IRQ fixes are needed for the ProBook 4x40s/4x30s DSDT for patched AppleHDA. Your laptop is probably similar...

Thanks again.
- Does that mean that HDMI Audio should work?
- I am reading everything that I find but I feel like I am still far from really understanding the process to a patched AppleHDA.

best regards,
Ludwig

Thanks again.
- Does that mean that HDMI Audio should work?

Probably.

- I am reading everything that I find but I feel like I am still far from really understanding the process to a patched AppleHDA.

Follow the first step to get your codec dump from Linux. At least then you know what you're looking for. I'd be surprised if your codec is something new not already covered by existing patched AppleHDA...

Probably.

Follow the first step to get your codec dump from Linux. At least then you know what you're looking for. I'd be surprised if your codec is something new not already covered by existing patched AppleHDA...

Thank you for taking me by the hand... It took me some trial and error but finally I could shake the dump out of this machine. It is attached. Does it contain the necessary information?

best regards,
Ludwig

Attachments

• codec_dump.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 246
Thank you for taking me by the hand... It took me some trial and error but finally I could shake the dump out of this machine. It is attached. Does it contain the necessary information?

best regards,
Ludwig

Yes, that's what you need. I'll see if I can make a patched AppleHDA for that codec...

Are you using the DSDT patches for ProBook 4x40s?

Yes, that's what you need. I'll see if I can make a patched AppleHDA for that codec...
Are you using the DSDT patches for ProBook 4x40s?

Thank you very much indeed. This would be extremely generous.
Yes, I have been using the 4540 patches of probook installer 6.1.6.

best regards,
Ludwig

Attachments

• 4x0s.zip
    849.7 KB · Views: 233
What shall I say? I upgraded to 10.8.5.1 and used kext wizard to install the kext you kindly sent me and now it works like a charm. You obviously are a very knowledgeable and generous person. Thank you so much. Can I reciprocate in any way?

best regards,
Ludwig

Hey that's great... Glad it worked for you.

I think it would be helpful that when you get everything working, that you re-trace your steps and write up a guide highlighting the differences from the 'sticky guide' at the top of this forum and any special install procedures, drivers required, etc. as they differ from what the ProBook Installer provides.

I'm guessing, but probably the only differences are this AppleHDA and possibly the Ethernet driver?

Hey that's great... Glad it worked for you.

I think it would be helpful that when you get everything working, that you re-trace your steps and write up a guide highlighting the differences from the 'sticky guide' at the top of this forum and any special install procedures, drivers required, etc. as they differ from what the ProBook Installer provides.

Tried my best.
Thanks again,
Ludwig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back