Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 470 G0 10.8.5 working with ProBook Installer but no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA- H87-D3H
CPU
Core i5 4570 Prozessor (3,2GHz, Sockel LGA1150, 6MB Cache)
Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
HP ProBook 470 G0 i7 10.8.5 working with ProBook Installer but no audio

I installed ML 10.8.5 on a HP ProBook 470 G0 i7 according to the Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook choosing the same selections in ProBook Installer 6.1.6 as for an 4740s. WiFi is changed to an Atheros AR9280 and works flawlessly.

What does not work so far is Audio. DPCIManager tells me it is an 8086:1e20 Audio device, Sub Device 0x103C1948, Codec ID 0x111D76E0, Rev 0x0303, Codec Name IDT 92HD91BXX.

Any hints how to get that running?

regards,
Ludwig

I installed ML 10.8.5 on a HP ProBook 470 G0 i7 according to the Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook choosing the same selections in ProBook Installer 6.1.6 as for an 4740s. WiFi is changed to an Atheros AR9280 and works flawlessly.

What does not work so far is Audio. DPCIManager tells me it is an 8086:1e20 Audio device, Sub Device 0x103C1948, Codec ID 0x111D76E0, Rev 0x0303, Codec Name IDT 92HD91BXX.

Any hints how to get that running?

regards,
Ludwig

You need to find a patched AppleHDA for that codec.

Thank you very much. Where should I start searching?

regards,
Ludwig

Google. Perhaps 'patched AppleHDA 92HD91BXX' or 'patched AppleHDA IDT 92HD91BXX'

Google. Perhaps 'patched AppleHDA 92HD91BXX' or 'patched AppleHDA IDT 92HD91BXX'

Thank you for reminding me of the obvious. Actually I did that in the meantime. Assuming I find a patched Kext, how to apply it then?

thanks,
Ludwig

Thank you for reminding me of the obvious. Actually I did that in the meantime. Assuming I find a patched Kext, how to apply it then?

thanks,
Ludwig

Well, you can install it with Kext Wizard and see if it works. Be prepared to recover from a KP at boot, because you must realize whatever you find could be done improperly or for an old version of the OS. So hopefully you still have your Unibeast USB, such that you can boot into the OS X installer, get to Terminal, and remove it if it causes a problem (the boot with "-f" after removing).

If it was me, I'd do some initial checks on the kext:

- what is the version? Use Get Info in Finder or examine the Info.plist in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist
- what files do you see in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources? Do you see Platforms.xml or Platforms.xml.zlib. If it is Platforms.xml, then it is probably quite old and patched from a Lion kext. If it is Platforms.xml.lib, then it is at least from ML.
- What layout files do you see in Resources? Hopefully only one. Does the layout match the layout-id in your DSDT?

If it checks out, you can try it.

And if it works, then you can create a patch script to patch the current AppleHDA borrowing certain files and certain sections of the Info.plists.

I use this script, combined with bcc9's AppleHDA binary patcher for the 4x30s, as an example:
Code:
# patch AppleHDA.kext for 4x30s
unpatched=./unpatched
rm -Rf patched
mkdir patched
echo !!! Patching AppleHDA 4x30s !!!
mkdir ./patched/4x30s
cp -R $unpatched/AppleHDA.kext ./patched/4x30s
cd patchhda.1.1
perl ./patch-hda.pl 'IDT 76d1' -s ../patched/4x30s
cd ..
rm ./patched/4x30s/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout*
cp ./Resources-4x30s/* ./patched/4x30s/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/
plist=./patched/4x30s/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
/usr/libexec/plistbuddy -c "Delete ':IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource:HDAConfigDefault'" $plist
/usr/libexec/plistbuddy -c "Delete ':IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource:PostConstructionInitialization'" $plist
/usr/libexec/plistbuddy -c "Merge 4x30s.plist ':IOKitPersonalities:HDA Hardware Config Resource'" $plist

The 4x30s.plist is built by stealing parts of AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist from the patched kext:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>HDAConfigDefault</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>CodecID</key>
			<integer>287143633</integer>
			<key>ConfigData</key>
			<data>
			AMcegQDHHwM=
			</data>
			<key>FuncGroup</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
			<key>LayoutID</key>
			<integer>12</integer>
		</dict>
	</array>
</dict>
</plist>

Well, you can install it with Kext Wizard and see if it works.......

Thank you very much for your extensive posting. I will have to chew on that for a while and will report whether I was successful.

best regards,

Ludwig

Well, you can install it with Kext Wizard and see if it works...

I did not find a patched AppleHDA yet and creating one by myself is beyond my computing capabilities, I fear. Do I understand correctly that VooDooHDA is an alternative?

regards,
Ludwig

I did not find a patched AppleHDA yet and creating one by myself is beyond my computing capabilities, I fear. Do I understand correctly that VooDooHDA is an alternative?

regards,
Ludwig

It is an alternative... if it works.

It is an alternative... if it works.

Me again. I looked a bit further into my installation with IORegistry Explorer. If I am not mistaken the Codec might already be installed, see screenshot 1. In "about this mac, more info,audio" intel high definition audio is mentioned but not devices. Similar display in "system preferences, sound, output devices" and input devices.

Does that mean I already have a working applehda?

Thanks in advance for your help. It is highly appreciated.

Ludwig

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2013-10-11 um 17.26.18.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-10-11 um 17.26.18.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 821
  • Bildschirmfoto 2013-10-11 um 17.28.41.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2013-10-11 um 17.28.41.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 536
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back