Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
# in Terminal
sudo nvram -d boot-args

Man you are quite a GUY!!!

I solved it other way (keep your solution for the last option)

Code:
rm -rfv *.*
in 
/Users/<user name>/Library/Caches/
/Library/Caches/
/System/Library/Caches/
then reboot with -F flag.

I like to make one request to you brothers

Please write a detail working guide how to make "Photo Booth" & "Face Time" working in ProBook 4540 note book really missing those too much.

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Please write a detail working guide how to make "Photo Booth" & "Face Time" working in ProBook 4540 note book really missing those too much.

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Man you are quite a GUY!!!

I solved it other way (keep your solution for the last option)

Code:
rm -rfv *.*
in 
/Users/<user name>/Library/Caches/
/Library/Caches/
/System/Library/Caches/
then reboot with -F flag.

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Now you're probably booting without cache each time. Do 'nvram boot-args' to see...

Now you're probably booting without cache each time. Do 'nvram boot-args' to see...

bash-3.2# nvram boot-args
nvram: Error getting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) data was not found

but seams you are right booting a bit slow...... :(

and only problem remanning beside BT only work after sleep.

bash-3.2# nvram boot-args
nvram: Error getting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) data was not found

but seams you are right booting a bit slow...... :(

and only problem remanning beside BT only work after sleep.

Probably removed for you by /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.rehabman.delete-boot-args.plist

But that script doesn't run in safe mode, so that's why safe mode gets 'stuck', but other flags do not.

As far as BT, You should probably repair permissions & rebuild cache if not do a complete fresh install.

Probably removed for you by /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.rehabman.delete-boot-args.plist

But that script doesn't run in safe mode, so that's why safe mode gets 'stuck', but other flags do not.

As far as BT, You should probably repair permissions & rebuild cache if not do a complete fresh install.

/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.rehabman.delete-boot-args.plist how to get it back ?

wired though but i am experiencing one issue since installing HP ProBook installer Version 6.1 beta 9
when i try to install any app which have a .kext to be updated or replaced give error "install not successful"
ie HP ProBook installer Version 6.1 beta 11 or even new iTunes. must use pacifist to replace/update the .kext files.

/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.rehabman.delete-boot-args.plist how to get it back ?

You won't have one unless you have used a recent version of the ProBook Installer. I just assumed you had one since you implied you were using Chameleon and your "-f" boot flag didn't stick.

But there is a significant amount of guessing going on here due to lack of information...

wired though but i am experiencing one issue since installing HP ProBook installer Version 6.1 beta 9
when i try to install any app which have a .kext to be updated or replaced give error "install not successful"
ie HP ProBook installer Version 6.1 beta 11 or even new iTunes. must use pacifist to replace/update the .kext files.

You probably have a corrupt set of kexts in /S/L/E. Probably best to do a fresh install.

You won't have one unless you have used a recent version of the ProBook Installer. I just assumed you had one since you implied you were using Chameleon and your "-f" boot flag didn't stick.

But there is a significant amount of guessing going on here due to lack of information...

You probably have a corrupt set of kexts in /S/L/E. Probably best to do a fresh install.

thank buddy

request to you

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

thank buddy

request to you

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

My camera works on my 4530s out-of-box.

But I don't use it much... it is just not that important to me. I have a mirror if I want to look at myself and I don't find it important for others to look at me (or for me to look at them) when I'm speaking with them using telecommunications tech.

P.S. I saw your message the first time. Just realized I really didn't have anything to add to that discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back