Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new and I'm looking for a Laptop to get hackintosh, and I know that it will be Probook (probably 4540s) i found this one http://allegro.pl/bytom-hp-probook-4540s-i5-4gb-750gb-intel-hd-linux-i3013184471.html and I'm thinking about wireless, i just know that is Atheros 802.11b/g/n and I don't know that it will be working with 10.8.2, it's not the problem to buy wireless to usb but if it is inside it will be great to use it ;)

Sorry for my english

As i v heard Atheros AR9485 WiFi Adapter is working with 10.8.2

Thank you so much rehabman for your hard work and the continuous help u provide. Its working with the voodoops2controller update 1.7.8.

I attached it to this post. Thought it may help someone else.

I removed the 0215 download you presented here. First of all, that version is not built for the Probook -- it is a "generic" version for other laptops. Second, there is no reason to have duplicate archives all over the forum.

As i v heard Atheros AR9485 WiFi Adapter is working with 10.8.2
It is NOT wprking at all, please find appropriate replacement.

Hi. I struggled for about 2 months with my 4540S, Sandy Bridge 2370M. All I'm asking for is QE/CI. I don't need USB, Wireless, Bluetooth, nothing. I just want the SNB Framebuffer to finally load.

If anyone finds any time to patch my DSDT and get the HD3000 working... I don't know... I'll bake you a cake and send it over the atlantic. I'm desperate. Please, help. My DSDT: http://www.mediafire.com/?tpogndazt9jlk27

Hi. I struggled for about 2 months with my 4540S, Sandy Bridge 2370M. All I'm asking for is QE/CI. I don't need USB, Wireless, Bluetooth, nothing. I just want the SNB Framebuffer to finally load.

If anyone finds any time to patch my DSDT and get the HD3000 working... I don't know... I'll bake you a cake and send it over the atlantic. I'm desperate. Please, help. My DSDT: http://www.mediafire.com/?tpogndazt9jlk27

The DSDT you posted is already patched and it loads SNB Framebuffer. Besides that, are you using MacbookPro8,1 or 8,2 definition with clean org.chameleon.boot.plist ?
If you made a lot of changes over time, consider fresh install.

For the "trackpad non-responsive after sleep" it is in the VoodooPS2Controller.kext. There are many posts about it in the voodoops2 thread.

I was referring to the sleeping itself is it done with DSDT patching or kexts?

What kind of sleep problem do you have?

Well i dont have DSDT file at all, everything seems to work fine for me except that it doesnt want to wakeup after sleep and restart is going to shutdown instead of restarting... how did you managed to fix the wake up at all?

Well i dont have DSDT file at all, everything seems to work fine for me except that it doesnt want to wakeup after sleep and restart is going to shutdown instead of restarting... how did you managed to fix the wake up at all?

Well, you're going to need a DSDT to get things working, so you probably should visit the DSDT patch thread. But there is a specific patch for restart. And I don't have a 4540s (I have 4530s)...

Hi everybody!

Just lately I obtained a ProBook 4540s (B0Y55EA) i3-2370M Sandy Bridge (HD3000).
First thing was to replace the stock HDD with a WD Scorpio Black 750MB.

Concerning OS-X, I followed the ProBook 4530s guide for installing Lion.
The 4k-hack was needed to boot from that particular HDD.
Everything (apart from WiFi) seems to be working fine.

In the hope that this report is some use,

regards, sailor070

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back