Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman I fixed that by removing the three dots:
Code:
        Name (BF2S, "                                                                                                                                                            ")
        Name (BB2S, "                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               "...)

replaced with:

Code:
        Name (BF2S, "                                                                                                                                                            ")
        Name (BB2S, "                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ")
RehabMan what do you think sir, did I proceed correctly? I don't have the dots in my older BIOS DSDT.

Yes, you can try to remove this 3 dots and for now i have compile your DSL without any error, warning. At least i have only i remark for Package in OSI section. think this is not necessary to edit this line - just stay with it as it goes.

I still have no time to compile my new 31 bios dsdt and installing osx from scratch. BTW, what wifi card do you plan to order to replace current wifi in your system?
Thinking to make ML permanent and only one system ob my 1st hdd, cause i plan to use it with music writing programs (GB, etc.) and use external USB sound card with MIDI in-out for my Electronic piano keys. I just hope that this osx will be as stable as MSFT windows 7. Still no ideas for all USB 3.0 ports to work as native. Only usb2.0 is present and can be full-functional.

Attachments

• dsdt_4540s_zoltankr_fixed.zip
    90.2 KB · Views: 104
Yes, you can try to remove this 3 dots and for now i have compile your DSL without any error, warning. At least i have only i remark for Package in OSI section. think this is not necessary to edit this line - just stay with it as it goes.

I still have no time to compile my new 31 bios dsdt and installing osx from scratch. BTW, what wifi card do you plan to order to replace current wifi in your system?
Thinking to make ML permanent and only one system ob my 1st hdd, cause i plan to use it with music writing programs (GB, etc.) and use external USB sound card with MIDI in-out for my Electronic piano keys. I just hope that this osx will be as stable as MSFT windows 7. Still no ideas for all USB 3.0 ports to work as native. Only usb2.0 is present and can be full-functional.

Thank you for your DSDT. I appreciate it.
I'm not sure about wifi yet, but I think asus n13 works.
http://www.firstpost.com/topic/orga...reless-adapter-video-JdgcT8tS1W0-14773-6.html

How did you get your built-in sound card to work? I heard VoodooHDA isn't the best solution. Do I need to patch the DSDT then use a patched AppleHDA.kext?

Can you please give me a copy of your actual DSDT? I would like to use it as a reference.

No, but realize I have a 4530s.
I understand, but I think the 4540s has much in common with the 4530s.

I read somewhere that it is best to leave all of the BIOS settings on default, and seeing that you have a lot of experience in that area, I thought I would ask your opinion. No mention on your website about BIOS settings.

BTW, for those interested. Here's an easier way to obtain the DSDT (no linux or windows required). It gives the same result as linux.

Credit goes to Madlon.

Code:
sudo perl -e 'open(CMD, "ioreg -lw0 \| grep DSDT|") or die; while(<CMD>) { chomp; if($_ =~ /\"DSDT\.?\d?\"=<([^>]*)>/) { $buff = $1; open(PIP, "|xxd -r -p > ~/Desktop/dsdt.aml") or die; print PIP "$1"; } }'

Make sure to remove older dsdt from /Extra

I realized that installing hakintosh is dancing with a tambourine :)
I've isntalled ML 10.8 on 4730s but I can do this only after disabling ethernet in bios, and with -x key. When I boot without keys- it's displaying spinning wheel
View attachment 41039View attachment 41040
can't open any usb with kexts and etc - it's because -x command?
Tried to install HP ProBook Installer 6 (beta) after it I get boot0:GPT boot0:testing error
How to boot system without unibeast flash?
My HDD divided to 3 pard with MacOS and two Fat32.
What I have to config maybe a Chameleon to boot correct?

My installation stops exactly at the same point, but if I wait for a minute or two, it continues.
This actually happened even after OS installation - until I enabled acceleration for HD4000.
Only one (first on the right side of laptop) usb works after installation until you install the correct kexts. I guess, it makes sense to use this usb port for UniBeast installation.
Yes, install chameleon to boot.

I realized that installing hakintosh is dancing with a tambourine :)
I've isntalled ML 10.8 on 4730s but I can do this only after disabling ethernet in bios, and with -x key. When I boot without keys- it's displaying spinning wheel
View attachment 41039View attachment 41040
can't open any usb with kexts and etc - it's because -x command?
Tried to install HP ProBook Installer 6 (beta) after it I get boot0:GPT boot0:testing error
How to boot system without unibeast flash?
My HDD divided to 3 pard with MacOS and two Fat32.
What I have to config maybe a Chameleon to boot correct?

UPD Tried multibeast, installed kexts and Chameleon but again got
boot0:GPT boot0:testing error
when but without USB... Now working only with -x flag, in other case it stops loading... What to do?

For your boot0 problem, you probably have a 4k drive. See the guide for how to resolve.

So my current progress with 4740s:

1. Graphics works with the DSDT patch above (only integrated of course - discrete is turned off in BIOS)
2? Touchpad and keyboard - with PS/2 Keyboard/Mice from the latest Multibeast.
3. Ethernet with Lnx2Mac from the latest multibeast.

OK.

4. USB ports - work, probably as 2.0 using kexts previously mentioned by Elrom here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/65530-ml-installation-problem-4340s.html
5. Sound with VooDoo, yes. Crashes sometime. Can live with this.
6? Sleep works with universal SleepEnabler. Bad thing is that after resume touchpad does not work. Cursor is moved slightly but it seems paralysed. TriedVooDooPS2Cntroller from latest MultiBeast and the latest one from RehabMan. RehabMan's don't work at all btw. Have no idea how to fix this.

Duydangle What method did you use to generate your SSDT? revogirl script?

I just finished enabling speedstep. I generated my SSDT file using revogirl's script.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/56477-make-your-own-ssdt-aml-revogirls-script.html

My CPU is i5-2450M. TDP is 35 and Max Frequency (inluding Turbo) is 3100.

Code:
./ssdtPRGen.sh 35 3100

speedstep works. I see multiplier changing in hwmonitor. During load I have x8.0, x12.0, x16.0, and x29.0.

At maximum load (x29.0) hwmonitor shows that CPU frequency is 2871MHz. Is this normal? My CPU is only 2.5GHz

I have generatepstates and generatecstates enabled in chameleon.

speedstep.jpg

I would be grateful for any suggestion. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back