Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, another update...VoodooHDA.kext worked at first but now causes kernel panic (weird, as nothing changed as far as I can tell). So now I'm also looking for patched AppleHDA.kext for 10.8.2. :( Duydangle, did you patch it, can you upload? Or anyone have a link to a patching guide?

You definitely want patched AppleHDA.kext. VoodooHDA is very buggy and I don't think anyone is working on it. Not sure if the patched AppleHDA we use for 4x30s is good on 4x40s. Maybe?! I'm kind of waiting for duydangle to put together a concise guide/status of his 4x40 progress... it is possible, if it can be nailed down, that it could eventually go in the probook installer.

Hello sidechained,
I've attached DSL and AML.
Please try attached AML (rename it to dsdt.aml and put into \Extra). I've fixed all errors and apply all patches, excluded experimental from RehabMan. All credits to RehabMan.
Don't forget to use Fanreset library provided by RehabMan.
As for post install - please use Probook installer and appropriate options for your HW. Don't select option if you don't know what is it.

Best regards

Attachments

• 4540s-grm-ubuntu-patched.zip
    222.2 KB · Views: 172
Guy I have HP 4540s. I can't send any file from Bluetooth or receive any file from my mobile! It was fine when I had Windows 7 but in Windows 8 I am not able to enter the settings. The drivers are properly installed and I don't have any unknown devices as well! Please help on how to fix this?

I've been looking to buy a hp 4530s, but, having followed this thread, began to look for 4540s too. Found a guy on ebay UK selling these with the i3 cpu for £345 BRAND NEW IN BOX.......I should receive mine next week. I'm hoping I did the right thing :) Looking forward to get mine up and running with the help of the great work you guys have managed to do so far.

I've been running Linux for about 8 years but no experience of macs yet. Hope I can help by getting involved.

Pete

Hey guys. Can you take some time and make a tutorial for 4540S? You really should post the links to DSDT's, patches, fixes etc.
I was going to buy a 4530S today, but the last one in the country got sold just few hours before I tried to buy :/

I've been looking to buy a hp 4530s, but, having followed this thread, began to look for 4540s too. Found a guy on ebay UK selling these with the i3 cpu for £345 BRAND NEW IN BOX.......I should receive mine next week. I'm hoping I did the right thing :) Looking forward to get mine up and running with the help of the great work you guys have managed to do so far.

I've been running Linux for about 8 years but no experience of macs yet. Hope I can help by getting involved.

Pete

I think I know which seller you are talking about, have you received the laptop yet? It seems awfully cheap for such a good laptop!

I have been trying to find a 4530s to change the display to a full hd one, build in a ssd and install ML. The only one I could find is far more expensive (650€ for the i5 version) than 2 weeks ago and I found a 4540s for less(520€). Do you think, I should stick to the 4530s, or is it save to choose the 4540s?

I think I know which seller you are talking about, have you received the laptop yet? It seems awfully cheap for such a good laptop!

It should arrive Monday. I asked for it to be delayed delivery as I've been away all week. The guy has left good feedback already and others report the item "as described". Maybe they are cheap because of Windows 7 and people want 8 now? I'll report back when its here.

Should I replace the sandy bridge cpu with an ivy bridge? will ivy bridge make OSX easier?

Pete

p.s. its been 3 weeks since there was any input from the developers on this set of posts, has development stopped for the 4540s? I sure hope not :eek:

p.p.s. If like me you need a genuine copy of Snow Leorpard (to get to Mountain Lion) its available again via the Apple store. In the UK its £18.80 including vat and postage here........

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC573Z/A/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard#overview thats much less than ebay sales are making. :D

I finished installing OS X 10.8 on my HP 4540s, i5-2450M, Intel HD 3000.
At first boot I notice the touchpad doesn't work. The keyboad works.

I can use a USB mouse to fix that issue, but I would like to have the touchpad working.
I added these kexts to /Extra/Extensions and booted with: -v -f flags:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, and
ApplePS2Controller.kext

still doesn't work. Any idea? Thank you!

I finished installing OS X 10.8 on my HP 4540s, i5-2450M, Intel HD 3000.
At first boot I notice the touchpad doesn't work. The keyboad works.

I can use a USB mouse to fix that issue, but I would like to have the touchpad working.
I added these kexts to /Extra/Extensions and booted with: -v -f flags:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, and
ApplePS2Controller.kext

still doesn't work. Any idea? Thank you!

Did you see this?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/75649-new-voodoops2controller-keyboard-trackpad.html

Make sure you read the instructions since you have the older kext installed already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back