Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
4540s ML 10.8.2 built in web camera not working after waking from sleep. Any fixes? Camera is not even listed in system profiler after waking from sleep. It starts to work again if the machine is restarted.

4540s ML 10.8.2 built in web camera not working after waking from sleep. Any fixes? Camera is not even listed in system profiler after waking from sleep. It starts to work again if the machine is restarted.

Camera works well after sleep in my 4740s. Tested with Skype and Facetime. 10.8.2.

@ tihohod: How did you get that successful? I'm stuck on my 4740s (1600x900) i5-3210M in the ML installer. When it takes over from the -v lines, only about the left half of the desktop is displayed, but apparently with black columns inserted between the lighted pixels. "Graphics Mode"="1600x900x32" in the boot options corrects the resolution while -v lines scroll through, and is even kept in a Snow Leopard install, but does not hold in the ML installer.
Dual link patch got me beyond black screen, but makes no difference here.

What magic have you used? A word from the wise? Would you share your SSDT? I'm kinda despaired now.
dg

@ tihohod: How did you get that successful? I'm stuck on my 4740s (1600x900) i5-3210M in the ML installer. When it takes over from the -v lines, only about the left half of the desktop is displayed, but apparently with black columns inserted between the lighted pixels. "Graphics Mode"="1600x900x32" in the boot options corrects the resolution while -v lines scroll through, and is even kept in a Snow Leopard install, but does not hold in the ML installer.
Dual link patch got me beyond black screen, but makes no difference here.

What magic have you used? A word from the wise? Would you share your SSDT? I'm kinda despaired now.
dg

Had no problems with installer. Have you disabled discrete graphics in BIOS? Attached is my current Extra.

Attachments

• Extra.rar
    2.7 MB · Views: 224
Had no problems with installer. Have you disabled discrete graphics in BIOS? Attached is my current Extra.

You are my Hero! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
yeah, discrete graphics was disabled. I will spend some time to find out what was causing my problem; doing a diff with my original and your dsdt.

Very Happy,
dg

P.S.: maybe it's time for a 4740s thread to collect what works so far?

You are my Hero! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
yeah, discrete graphics was disabled. I will spend some time to find out what was causing my problem; doing a diff with my original and your dsdt.
Very Happy,
dg
P.S.: maybe it's time for a 4740s thread to collect what works so far?

I also had a struggle with HD4000 about two months ago. After a number of attempts, I won this battle and created a patch described in post #152. The key finding was the appropriate AAPL,ig-platform-id. Also the AAPL00,DualLink section is required since our displays have dual-link LVDS interface. Also GrahicsEnabler should be disabled since it supplies a Platform ID for the desktop version of HD4000 which is not appropriate for our mobile chip.

Regarding a special thread - I believe that since this one collects most of our findings and since most of them are applicable to all 4x40s notebooks, it makes sense to rename it to something more general than just a referense to 4540s.

Thanx for the reply. Any suggestions to fix the camera?
I used http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5884055/4540s.zip duydangle's package and followed its procedure to build my 4540s hackintosh.

Sorry, I have no idea. I have never faced this particular problem (probably since I almost don't use the camera). But I checked and confirm that it works well and survives sleep/wake. Probably it was one of the patches I applied for sleep or USB. You can look at my DSDT from the Extra I sent a couple of posts ago.

Sorry, I have no idea. I have never faced this particular problem (probably since I almost don't use the camera). But I checked and confirm that it works well and survives sleep/wake. Probably it was one of the patches I applied for USB. You can look at my DSDT from the Extra I sent a couple of posts ago.

okay tihohod thanx for the reply i'll check it

I received my AR9280. It works like a charm on 4540S. No whitelist problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back