Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4540s with i5-2450

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, I have successfully setup Mountain Lion at my HP Probook with Sandy Bridge i5-2450. I kept straight to the "Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook". Additionally, I've installed Windows 8 - so I've got dualboot.

Neither the less, I've got some small problems...

- HDMI Audio-Out is not working
- the time is +2h on Windows 8 (installed the Time Toggle from the Probook Installer and additonally I made this in registry:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation
Create a DWORD named RealTimeIsUniversal and set its value to 1"
but nothing happens...
- after reboot from Windows 8, booting to Mac OS doesn't work (just see the apple and nothing happens) - I have to force shutdown the
laptop and start it again and boot directly to Mac OS

And a question: Is it possible to disable the internal monitor while the laptop is plugged in to HDMI?

Maybe someone could help me... :)

- the time is +2h on Windows 8 (installed the Time Toggle from the Probook Installer and additonally I made this in registry:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation
Create a DWORD named RealTimeIsUniversal and set its value to 1"
but nothing happens...

Do one or the other, not both. After setting RealTimeIsUniversal, you may have to go into your BIOS and set the time there to universal (eg. set the time/date to the time that it is in London).

- after reboot from Windows 8, booting to Mac OS doesn't work (just see the apple and nothing happens) - I have to force shutdown the
laptop and start it again and boot directly to Mac OS

Boot w/ "-v" to diagnose. Maybe someone doing dualboot w/ 4540s will respond w/ more info...

And a question: Is it possible to disable the internal monitor while the laptop is plugged in to HDMI?

This is an area where OS X's multi monitor support is not as good as Windows. Use NoSleep, then close the lid.

Alright, thanks for your answer! I will try it.

And is there something I can do concerning HDMI-Audio-Out?

I don't know what I've done exactly, but reboot after Windows 8 to MacOS and the time is now working fine.

But the problem with HDMI-Audio still remains :-/

After updating and repatching with the newest Probook Installer, my display output doesn't work as before. So, when I select the external as a 2nd desktop, the resolution fits the whole 1920x1080. But when I select the option to sync the desktop, the resolution doesn't fill the whole screen anymore. So, the desktop of the external monitor is shrinked down to the resolution of the internal laptop display and it is situated in the center of the monitor.

And when I edit the resolution, the 2nd screen turn black. Additionally, when I unplug the cable and plug it in again, the 2nd screen didn't get recognized until a reboot.

What can I do now?

Edit: Using SwithResX and setting the resolution of the internal display to 1920x1080, the external monitor is correctly filled with the full desktop.

After updating and repatching with the newest Probook Installer, my display output doesn't work as before. So, when I select the external as a 2nd desktop, the resolution fits the whole 1920x1080. But when I select the option to sync the desktop, the resolution doesn't fill the whole screen anymore. So, the desktop of the external monitor is shrinked down to the resolution of the internal laptop display and it is situated in the center of the monitor.

And when I edit the resolution, the 2nd screen turn black. Additionally, when I unplug the cable and plug it in again, the 2nd screen didn't get recognized until a reboot.

What can I do now?

Edit: Using SwithResX and setting the resolution of the internal display to 1920x1080, the external monitor is correctly filled with the full desktop.

You have 1080p 4540s?

No, it's the standard low-resolution screen. It's strange, because it have worked before like it should.

No, it's the standard low-resolution screen. It's strange, because it have worked before like it should.

Then I'm confused. How do you set the resolution of the internal display to 1920x1080 if it is a 1366x768 display?

It could be something to do with new AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext. You might try installing the original one to see what happens (install via Kext Wizard from your 'Installer Backups' on desktop). As pointed out by kpkp, you don't have Ivy. I've got to check that more closely when I read 4x40s thread that it might be 4x40s w/ Sandy...

So other than the question above... what version were you running prior to updating?
Also, you might try the stock AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and see if that changes anything...

Then I'm confused. How do you set the resolution of the internal display to 1920x1080 if it is a 1366x768 display?

It could be something to do with new AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext. You might try installing the original one to see what happens (install via Kext Wizard from your 'Installer Backups' on desktop).
He doesnt have an Ivy, dont blame it all on my kext now:D:think:.

He doesnt have an Ivy, dont blame it all on my kext now:D:think:.

True -- didn't see that!

Nothing has changed in the HD3K kext either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back