CPU
i5-11400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have manage to install MacOS Mojave Public Beta 1 on my laptop on a different partition. I am already running MacOS High Sierra on main partition. I can boot into both OS's but in Mojave wifi and bluetooth kexts are not loaded. Other then that its working smoothly.

I also cannot mount EFI partition in Mojave. Can anyone help me to mount the EFI partition.

PS: I can mount EFI partition in my main os High Sierra.

I have manage to install MacOS Mojave Public Beta 1 on my laptop on a different partition. I am already running MacOS High Sierra on main partition. I can boot into both OS's but in Mojave wifi and bluetooth kexts are not loaded. Other then that its working smoothly.

I also cannot mount EFI partition in Mojave. Can anyone help me to mount the EFI partition.

So this EFI issue might be the reason why my partition has gone missing after attempting to update my High Sierra to Mojave? I had a triple boot and after attempting the upgrade am now only left with Windows and Ubuntu, Mac os x is gone. By the way I am on a HP probook 450 G2.

AFAIK, Apple removed AirPortAtheros40.kext in Mojave. If you have an Atheros card it will no longer work.

AFAIK, Apple removed AirPortAtheros40.kext in Mojave. If you have an Atheros card it will no longer work.
I will try to clean install tonight on the separate HDD will update you what so happen...

So this EFI issue might be the reason why my partition has gone missing after attempting to update my High Sierra to Mojave? I had a triple boot and after attempting the upgrade am now only left with Windows and Ubuntu, Mac os x is gone. By the way I am on a HP probook 450 G2.
If you cant boot with high sierra try to boot with high sierra or Mojave via usb. In terminal check your disk status “diskutil list” see what’s there?

Assuming you followed the ProBook guide, it is easy...
Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
sudo ./mount_efi.sh

If you cant boot with high sierra try to boot with high sierra or Mojave via usb. In terminal check your disk status “diskutil list” see what’s there?
This is so strange the update apparently wiped the whole High Sierra partition and there was just nothing left in it. I had to restore my High Sierra using time machine backup and I am up again. I will create a new partition then attempt the new install of Mojave there and will try RehabMan efi mounting.

You can still use the Atheros40 kext from high Sierra in ionetworking <-- unsure of proper name.

This is so strange the update apparently wiped the whole High Sierra partition and there was just nothing left in it. I had to restore my High Sierra using time machine backup and I am up again. I will create a new partition then attempt the new install of Mojave there and will try RehabMan efi mounting.

You should install Mojave in a separate partition for testing. Keep your High Sierra partition for now.

Note that there are changes required to the Probook repo.
After I test my changes, I'll likely check them in to a beta branch.

You should install Mojave in a separate partition for testing. Keep your High Sierra partition for now.

Note that there are changes required to the Probook repo.
After I test my changes, I'll likely check them in to a beta branch.

Good day,
Apparently the update went well previously and my high sierra was hidden because of my HDD partition was changed to APFS, due to the fact that my clover EFI didn't have apfs.efi the partition disappeared. After I put the apfs.efi in clover all the partitions appeared. I still have functioning wifi AR9565 and only issue so far is rebooting & shutdown which just hangs on taking snapshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back