Contribute
Register

Hp Probook 4540s Sandy Bridge i5 2450m - Mavericks -Instant reboot when installing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
h55m
CPU
i5
Graphics
gt210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I just get this machine
Hp Probook 4540s Sandy Bridge i5 2450m with 8GB of memory, Intel HD3000

I tried to install Mavericks on it with both Clover and Unibeast method, but I keep on getting a reboot right after starting install.

Just to confirm I'm not a new user and I did everything necessary, I have already I 4540s with Ivy bridge, plus an old desktop build and I completed various projects for friends (probook 430 G2, probook 6760b etc..), but this is the first time I face this issue.

I already searched the forums and googled a lot, I found out that I have to remove AppleIntelgraphics kext, I tried with the SSDT-1.aml method, all the bios configs are ok and as per Rehabman guides, I booted with IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0 -v-x -f

I was able to make a video on verbose mode and I get this error before installer reboots:
Last kext to load is TMSafetyNet
No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.
efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stingdata
No SMBios replacement found.
Patched DMI Table.
No DSTD replacement found.Leaving ACPI data as is.

I saw that many people succeded with this build, so I don't really understand what's the problem there.

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT: I get the same error for both installation method, since I'm quite experienced I have the feeling this is not a USB preparation issue, it seems to be something with the machine itself that probably was not mentioned in both Rehabman guides

Last edited:
Hi all,

I just get this machine

I tried to install Mavericks on it with both Clover and Unibeast method, but it keep on getting a reboot.

Just to confirm I'm not a new user and I did everything necessary, I have already I 4540s with Ivy bridge, plus an old desktop build and I completed various projects for friends (probook 430 G2, probook 6760b etc..), but this is the first time I face this issue.

I already searched the forums and googled a lot, I found out that I have to remove AppleIntelgraphics kext, I tried with the SSDT-1.aml method, all the bios configs are ok and as per Rehabman guides, I booted with IGPEnabler=No GraphicsEnabler=No dart=0 -v-x -f

I was able to make a video on verbose mode and I get this error before installer reboots:
Patched DMI Table.

I saw that many people succeded with this build, so I don't really understand what's the problem there.

You might want to look at this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-to-installing-mavericks-on-hp-probook.112380/ although the new guide is https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

I already tried those, also for my other laptop and the other projects I did for friends with which I had no issues... Anyway, thanks for your time

I already tried those, also for my other laptop and the other projects I did for friends with which I had no issues... Anyway, thanks for your time

Which bootloader are you using?

For Clover the bootloader version is 3320, which is the same that I'm using right now on the other 4540s I own (this one is Ivy bridge, and I'm using it to reply to you). It should be the one from PBICE. I reinstalled mavericks on the Ivy less than one month ago the same way I'm trying on the Sandy Bridge, so I'm quite sure I did everything correctly (yes, I also used the specific config.plist for the mixed system)
The other bootloader is Chimera 3.0.1, which I had previously on the Ivy Bridge and I never had any issue with it.
The thing is that with both method, I get the same issue, this is why I think it's not a USB preparation issue.

Hi all,

I just get this machine

I tried to install Mavericks on it with both Clover and Unibeast method, but I keep on getting a reboot right after starting install.

Patched DMI Table.

EDIT: I get the same error for both installation method, since I'm quite experienced I have the feeling this is not a USB preparation issue, it seems to be something with the machine itself that probably was not mentioned in both Rehabman guides

Your laptop has a guide...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

And I followed that guide.... You gave me the same answer as VioletDragon... please, read my posts on this thread

And I followed that guide....

You did not. That much is obvious by looking at the text you wrote. You write that you used Unibeast...

The guide does not use Unibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back