Graphics
RTX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi there I've found couple of these laptops on ebay but they don't have a core i3 i5 or i7 how ever its a celeron i was just wondering if i bought a CPU with either HD3000 or HD4000 what is the same socket as on the laptop would this work?

hi there I've found couple of these laptops on ebay but they don't have a core i3 i5 or i7 how ever its a celeron i was just wondering if i bought a CPU with either HD3000 or HD4000 what is the same socket as on the laptop would this work?

The 4530s uses Sandy Bridge CPUs with HD3000. I don't know of anyone attempting to put an Ivy CPU in a 4530s, but I'm guessing it wouldn't work.

Refer to the 4530s service manual for details on compatible CPUs.

okay cheers mate the only reason why I'm asking is i have a macbook mid 2010 with a core 2 duo CPU and I'm needing windows for college and Virtual machines are slow anything else its fine with unless i dual boot? but don't have a optical drive as i have data doubler so

okay cheers mate the only reason why I'm asking is i have a macbook mid 2010 with a core 2 duo CPU and I'm needing windows for college and Virtual machines are slow anything else its fine with unless i dual boot? but don't have a optical drive as i have data doubler so

Your MacBook can run Windows via BootCamp, no?

yeah it does but i don't have a optical drive in it because i replaced that with my SSD drive but my problem is installing it so i thought if i bought a HP Probook 4530s and install OSX on that and use parallels it wouldn't be a problem the problem is that i have huge spikes for some strange reason every since I've upgraded to mavericks

yeah it does but i don't have a optical drive in it because i replaced that with my SSD drive but my problem is installing it so i thought if i bought a HP Probook 4530s and install OSX on that and use parallels it wouldn't be a problem the problem is that i have huge spikes for some strange reason every since I've upgraded to mavericks

You do not need an optical drive to install Windows (USB stick).

Not sure what you mean by 'spikes'...

CPU really high CPU activity and ill give that ago thanks

I'm just guessing the age of CPU in my macbook i guess cause my core i3 and i7 i hardly have any spikes but they are newer CPUS so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back